Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the Seattle Aquarium's Beach Naturalist program.
Please review the program information included below. If all the details work well for you and you would like to continue the volunteer registration process, please provide your contact information. After receiveing your form, We will follow-up shortly with additional information and next steps.
Please enter your legal first and last name. If different from your legal first name, you can enter the name you wish to be called under "Nickname".
As a beach naturalist, you'll learn more about Puget Sound beaches and their inhabitants and the things we can all do to help protect them. New naturalists will receive training from March through May, then spend three or more days educating beach visitors in late spring and summer.
Volunteers ages 10-17 are welcome, but must enroll with a participating parent or guardian and complete additional paperwork.
New naturalists are expected to attend all training sessions. However, if you have scheduling conflict with a training session, please let us know and we will work with you to find a possible make-up training.
-Orientation - Tuesday, March 24, 6:30-9pm at the Seattle Aquarium
-Understanding the Nearshore - Tuesday, April 7, 6:30-9pm at the Seattle Aquarium'
-Nearshore and Beach Field Training - Saturday, April 11, 12:30-3pm at Seahurst Park and Carkeek Park
-Intro to Beach Biology - Tuesday, April 21, 6:30-9pm at the Seattle Aquarium
-Beach Training - Sunday, April 26, 12-2:30pm at Golden Gardens, Charles Richey Viewpoint and Saltwater State Park
-Sound Sampler - Tuesday, May 5, 6:30-9pm at the Seattle Aquarium
-Beach Training and Dress Rehearsal - Saturday, May 9, 11am-2pm at "your" assigned beach
-Season Kick-off with Guest Speakers - Wednesday, May 20, 6:30-9pm at the Seattle Aquarium
Program sites include: Richmond Beach, Carkeek Park, Golden Gardens,Olympic Sculpture Park Beach, Charles Richey Viewpoint (aka South Alki), Lincoln Park, Seahurst Park, Des Moines Beach Park, Saltwater State Park, Redondo Beach and Dash Point State Park.
Please note that the times listed are the volunteer hours. Public program times begin 15 mintues later and end 15 minutes earlier than the volunteer hours.
1. Saturday, May 23, 10:45am-1:15pm (-1.67)
2. Sunday, May 24, 11:15am-1:45pm (-2.02)
3. Monday, May 25, 11:45am-2:45pm (-2.14)
4. Thursday, June 4, 9:00am-12:30pm (-2.24)
5. Friday, June 5,9am-1:00pm (-3.04)
6. Saturday, June 6, 9:45am-2:15pm (-3.37)
7. Sunday, June 7, 10:15am-2:45pm (-3.25)
8. Saturday, June 20, 9:45am-12:15pm (-1.87)
9. Sunday, June 21, 9:45am-1:15pm (-2.37)
10. Monday, June 22, 10:15am-2:15pm (-2.66)
11. Tuesday, June 23, 10:45am-2:45pm, (-2.71)
12. Wednesday, June 24, 11:30am-3:00pm (-2.45)
13. Saturday, July 4, 9:15am-1:15pm (-3.00)
14. Sunday, July 5, 9:15am-1:45pm (-3.02)
15. Monday, July 6, 10:15am-1:45pm (-2.73)
16. Tuesday, July 7, 10:45am-2:15pm (-2.19)
17. Sunday, July 19, 9am-12pm (-2.02)
18. Monday, July 20, 9:15am-12:45pm (-2.50)
19. Tuesday, July 21, 9:45am-1:45pm (-2.74)
20. Wednesday, July 22, 11:15am-2:15pm (-2.64)
21. Thursday, July 23, 10:45am-2:45pm (-2.12)
22. Sunday, August 2, 9:15am-12:15pm (-2.12)
23. Monday, August 3, 9:15am-12:45pm (-2.00)