Please complete this application form if you are interested in becoming a Therapeutic Riding of Tucson volunteer. Once you complete the form, click the Continue button at the bottom. You will receive a follow up email from our Volunteer Coordinator when your application has been processed. Please send any questions to email@example.com or call us in the office at 520-749-2360.
Volunteers under the age of 18 will need to make an appointment to visit TROT with their legal guardian to sign documents in person. Please list the following information if you are under 18 years of age.
Please check areas in which you are interested in volunteering.
Please check the days and time of week that work best with your schedule. These times will not limit your participation but give us a good idea of what classes and tasks to match you with.
Prior to volunteering at TROT, you will be required to complete an Orientation and subsequent trainings based on your field of interest. Please select which Orientation you will be able to attend.
I hereby grant Therapeutic Riding of Tucson (TROT) permission to use any and all photographs, slides and any other audiovisual materials in which I may appear for the express purpose of promoting the TROT program and do not expect, nor shall receive any monetary reimbursement for this authorization.
I understand that any personal or identifying information that I learn about my clients through my association with Therapeutic Riding of Tucson (TROT) will remain confidential. I agree to refrain from discussing such details as: client's names, specific diagnosis, and behaviors with anyone outside the program or with another program member in a public circumstance where others may hear me.
I understand the importance and necessity of preserving our client's anonymity and privacy and will abide by this agreement.
All participants, volunteers and guests may be asked to leave the center for any of the following reasons:
a) Disruptive behavior that is counterproductive to the benefit of anyone equine or human at TROT.
b) Any purposeful act of compromised safety related to any equine, human or self at TROT.
c) No longer suited, willing or able to perform activities at TROT safely or as directed.
1. All participants/volunteers/guests who meet the criteria of dismissal will be asked to meet with the Executive Director to discuss the behavior/issue in question.
2. The Executive Director, working with the Program Director and Volunteer Coordinator, will work to educate and outline the appropriate expected behavior of the participant/volunteer/guest at TROT.
3. If the volunteer is willing to perform the expected behavior/task, then support and further education will be implemented by the TROT staff.
4. If the participant is not receptive to the expectation of behavior, the volunteer will leave the TROT program and be dismissed from the TROT property and returning in the future without permission.
5. The volunteer will be sent a signed, dated letter confirming the expected actions as a result of the meeting.
6. An additional copy of the letter will be printed and placed in the volunteer's file.
I understand the dismissal policy and the need for my behavior and actions to align with the expectations as outlined above.
In order to use our online portal and have access to up to date volunteer needs and your schedule, you will need to set a password for your account. Enter your password below. Please note that you will not have access to the volunteer portal until your application has been processed.