PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY.
I understand it is recommended that I have an up-to-date tetanus vaccine in the chance that I am scratched or bitten. This is not a requirement to volunteer but is strongly advised. Tetanus vaccines need to be updated every 10 years. A tetanus vaccination may be obtained from my physician at my own expense.
I give my permission to the Humane Society of Southwest Missouri to verify the information provided by me on this form.
Volunteer Conduct and Work Rules:
To ensure orderly operations and the best possible work environment, the Humane Society of Southwest Missouri expects volunteers to follow rules of conduct that protect the interests and safety of everyone. The following list, though not comprehensive, provides examples of conduct that may result in disciplinary action, up to and including termination of volunteer activities, without warning:
- Removal of an animal from the Humane Society of Southwest Missouri without permission of the Executive Director
- Willful disregard of supervisory directives or instructions
- Insubordination or other disrespectful conduct
- Theft or inappropriate removal or possession of property
- Volunteering under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs
- Possession, distribution, sale, transfer or use of alcohol or illegal drugs while volunteering
- Fighting or threatening violence in the workplace
- Sexual or other prohibited, unlawful, or unwelcome harassment
- Use of Humane Society of Southwest Missouri equipment or software for anything unrelated to the mission of the shelter
I (hereafter referred to as “Potential Volunteer”) agree to the following:
1. I fully understand and agree that I am not an employee of the Humane Society of Southwest Missouri;
2. My services are provided in a volunteer capacity without any expectation or promise, whether expressed or implied, of salary, compensation, or payment of any kind and without employment-type benefits including, but not limited to, insurance programs, worker’s compensation benefits, vacation or sick-time;
3. I will perform my volunteer duties to the best of my abilities and in a professional manner;
4. I will familiarize myself with the Humane Society of Southwest Missouri’s policies and procedures and agree to comply with those at all times. These include policies and procedures related, but not limited to, record keeping, animal handling, and emergency procedures;
5. I will be present at all scheduled volunteer shifts and carry out my responsibilities promptly and reliably. If I cannot be present for a scheduled shift, I will give adequate notice to the Humane Society of Southwest Missouri facility so that alternate arrangements can be made;
6. I accept the guidance, evaluation, and direction of the Volunteer Coordinator and the staff supervisor to whom I report;
7. I shall maintain the reputation and integrity of the Humane Society of Southwest Missouri at all times by adhering to the guidelines set forth in the Volunteer Manual and policies and procedures including, but not limited to, confidentiality of information conveyed to volunteers unless said information has been released to the public;
8. All concerns, issues, and/or suggestions regarding the Humane Society of Southwest Missouri will be conveyed to the Volunteer Coordinator or Executive Director. I agree to not discuss such topics in public or media forums;
9. I will notify the Volunteer Coordinator with the appropriate notice of extended leave or resignation;
10. I understand that failure to comply with any or all of the above stated requirements can result in corrective action up to and including dismissal from volunteer duties with the Humane Society of Southwest Missouri.
I understand that all contact with the media whether print, television, radio, online or other shall be handled by the Humane Society of Southwest Missouri’s upper management. I agree that unless I am asked by the upper management to be the part of a story of feature, I am not permitted to talk with or contact the media as a representative of the Humane Society of Southwest Missouri. I understand that failure to comply with this policy may result in dismissal from the volunteer program at the Humane Society of Southwest Missouri.
Assumption of Risk, Release & Indemnification Agreement:
I recognize and acknowledge that in performing my volunteer services for the Humane Society of Southwest Missouri, which may include the handling of animals, there is a risk to me of physical harm and/or damage to my property. For myself, my heirs, personal representatives and all others who may claim through or by virtue of me, I hereby assume and accept all risks arising or resulting from, or which are claimed to arise or result from, my acting as a volunteer for the Humane Society of Southwest Missouri.
For myself, my heirs, personal representatives and all such others, I hereby assert that the Humane Society of Southwest Missouri, its officers, employees, directors, agents and servants thereof are held harmless from and to indemnify them against any and all claims, demands, lawsuits, damages, actions, liabilities and costs or expenses of any and every kind including, but not limited to, the reasonable fees of the Humane Society of Southwest Missouri’s attorneys in any manner arising from, growing out of or resulting from, or claimed to arise from, grow out of or result from my being and performing service as a volunteer.
Without in any manner limiting the foregoing, I specifically acknowledge that by signing below I am accepting all risks of and waiving all claims resulting from personal injuries to me and for damages to my property occurring as a consequence of my being or performing services as a volunteer for the Humane Society of Southwest Missouri.
I understand that public relations are an important part of volunteering at the Humane Society of Missouri. I therefore agree for myself, my heirs and personal representatives to permit the taking and use, as the Humane Society of Southwest Missouri sees fit, any photographs taken of me during volunteer duties for public relations purposes.
I ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT I HAVE READ AND FULLY UNDERSTAND THE TERMS OF THE ABOVE AGREEMENT AND THAT I HAVE HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO ASK ANY QUESTIONS I WISHED TO ASK AND THAT ANY QUESTIONS I ASKED WERE ANSWERED TO MY SATISFACTION.