Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Audubon's Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary! Please complete this volunteer application in its entirety and click the "Continue" button at the bottom. Please note a background check is required and a link for completing this step will be sent separately.
For example: give back to the community; service learning; etc. Please list your reasons in the text box below.
In the event of an emergency whom should we notify?
I want to learn / Somewhat / A lot
Please explain more:
Use the text box below to provide a description of the following: education; knowledge; special skills; abilities; experience; licenses/certifications. Please include any special areas of interest.
Are you a member of Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary?
Please indicate the days and times you are usually available to volunteer.
The following volunteer assignments may currently be available. Use this list to rank your top three assignment choices.
Please provide a brief paragraph about your goals in the text box below.
Do you have any limitations you wish us to consider when placing you?
Do you authorize an independent, confidential criminal background check (if over 18 years old)?
By submitting this application form, I'm agreeing to the following:
- To satisfy orientation, training, and assignment requirements.
- To work agreed-upon, scheduled hours or to complete an agreed-upon project.
- To be prompt and reliable in reporting for scheduled volunteer shifts.
- To notify the Volunteer Engagement Coordinator or supervising staff member as early as possible if unable to volunteer as scheduled.
- To accurately record hours worked in Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary's online volunteer system.
- To wear a uniform and abide by the dress code when interacting with visitors or other audiences, as outlined in the Volunteer Handbook.
- To comply with all Audubon rules, procedures, and/or policies.
- To respect the principle of confidentiality and adhere to the same ethical standards expected of all Audubon staff.
- To consult with the Volunteer Engagement Coordinator before assuming any volunteer responsibilities.
- To accept Audubon’s right to counsel or terminate the relationship.
- To work within the guidelines of the assigned program or department in a professional and positive manner.
I attest that the information I have provided on this application form is true and accurate. I also understand and agree that submitting this application form does not automatically register me as a Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary volunteer. I acknowledge that any future services as an Audubon volunteer are at-will and can be terminated by me or Audubon at any time.