Thank you very much for your interest in a volunteer position and your desire to help improve the patient experience at Lahey Hospital & Medical Center. We value the commitment and impact each volunteer makes at our institution. Volunteering is a very important role at Lahey and requires careful screening. Individuals interested must adhere to the following registration procedures:
1. Complete a volunteer application.
2. Complete a background investigation application (social security number is required).
3. Interview with the Director of Volunteer Services.
4. Meet with a staff person in the department of interest.
5. Attend a volunteer orientation class.
6. Comply with the health clearance policy. The required testing and immunizations are:
- Annual Flu vaccine
- 2 step Tuberculosis testing
- Titer to test immunity to measles, mumps, rubella and chicken pox
Volunteers must fulfill all of the above requirements before they can begin volunteering. The Volunteer Services staff will assist new volunteers in completing these requirements. You will receive an email regarding next steps once we have received and reviewed your application.
Again, thank you for your interest in volunteering!