Thank you for your interest in volunteering for The Salvation Army in Delaware. Once you complete the form, click the continue button at the bottom. Please note that an * indicates a required field.
Please indicate the days and times you are usually available to volunteer.
Your social security number is required for entry into a Salvation Army registry and clearance system. Additional background checks will be required for all volunteers working where children are present.
We like to keep volunteers informed of important news, schedules, and volunteer opportunities by email, however will not send you any email you prefer not to receive. Use the checkboxes below to select the kinds of email you would like to receive from us.
The following are the terms of my volunteer service:
1. I understand that The Salvation Army is a religious and charitable organization that requires the assistance of volunteers in the conduct of its various spiritual and social service programs.
2. I undertake to perform services as a volunteer without compensation and that, in performing services, I acknowledge that I am not acting as an employee of The Salvation Army.
3. I understand that as a volunteer, should any accident occur, I may be covered for limited coverage of medical expenses under The Salvation Army liability insurance.
Statement of Volunteers for work with children:
For purposes of this Statement, the words “child” and “children” mean individuals below the age of 18 years. Your agreement is required regardless of whether you will work with children or not.
As the applicant described above, I do hereby represent to The Salvation Army, with the understanding that The Salvation Army will rely upon the information provided in considering my application for work with children, that the foregoing information and following statements are true:
1. In my prior volunteer work, I have never used a name other than that set forth above.
2. I have never been accused of abuse of a child or of actual or attempted sexual molestation of a child, either in a program for children or otherwise.
3. I have never been arrested as a result of a charge of child abuse or of actual or attempted sexual molestation of a child.
4. I have never been convicted of child abuse or a crime involving actual or attempted sexual molestation of a child.
5. I authorize any of the churches or other organizations and their representatives and my personal references listed above to give to The Salvation Army any information they may have regarding my character and fitness for work with children. I release all such organizations and individuals from any liability that may result from their furnishing such information to The Salvation Army. I wave any right that I may have to inspect any records containing such information.
6. I am aware that The Salvation Army is a branch of the Christian Church and I agree that I will conduct myself in my work with children in a way which is consistent with the religious and charitable policies and principles of The Salvation Army.
7. Having provided the foregoing information and having affirmed the foregoing statements are true, I recognize that any false information or statements are punishable under the laws relating to perjury.