Please complete the fields below to the best of your ability. By completing this application, you are confirming that you meet the minimum qualifications for volunteering, and that you have reviewed the current positions available:
• Must be at least 16 years old to volunteer. Volunteers are required to complete an application, an in-person interview, and attend the volunteer orientation and training.
• Be a self-motivated team player who knows that animal care must occur no matter how hot or cold it is outside. Volunteers will be dealing with outdoor conditions on a daily basis.
• Be able to commit to one (2) hour shift per week for a minimum of 6 months if volunteering for our daily operations team (i.e. animal care).
• All volunteers must start with cleaning of animal enclosures, general grounds and must be able to squat, bend, twist, lift, and stand for up to 2 hours. Other duties will be introduced as the volunteer progresses. Must be willing to work and comfortable with a variety of species including large animals such as horses, cattle, pigs and camels.
• Must be willing to undergo a full background check.
• Must undergo training, provided by the staff, for each volunteer position desired. complete this application form if you are interested in becoming a Zoology Foundation volunteer. Once you complete the form, click the Continue button at the bottom.
* Must have an e-mail address for communication of shifts, volunteer information and questions.