Sophia's Kitchen is a mission of St. Joseph Catholic Church. As a mission of the Heart of Peoria Catholic Community, Sophia’s Kitchen believes in providing nourishment to those most in need through food for the day, support for their health needs and spiritual guidance for their everlasting souls.
Please complete this application form if you are interested in being considered to become a Sophia's Kitchen volunteer. Once you complete the form, click the submit button at the bottom.
Please indicate the days and shift you are usually available to volunteer. Morning shift is from 8 AM to Noon. Afternoon shift is from 11:45 AM to 3:30 PM. Your preferences will be taken into consideration in scheduling shifts.
We like to keep volunteers informed of important news by email, however will not send you any email you prefer not to receive. Use the check boxes below to select the kinds of email you would like to receive from us.
If you opt out of emails, you may miss important information such as CLOSED DATES.
* I understand that health department rules and regulations are followed at Sophia's Kitchen, and that I will be required to follow these directions.
* I understand that donated food is for the guests and not for my personal use.
* I understand this program is under the direction of the Catholic Diocese, and that I will be respectful of Catholic teachings and traditions.
* No smoking is permitted on Church grounds.
* I understand peanut butter is used in this kitchen and I do not have an allergy.
* I give my permission for any photos or videotapes taken during my service to be used on social media or in print form.