Please complete this application form if you are interested in becoming a volunteer at The Japanese Friendship Garden of Phoenix.
Once you complete the form, click the Continue button at the bottom.
Please provide your contact information here.
Volunteers under 18 must be accompanied by their parent or legal guardian during their service.
The minimum age to volunteer is 15.
In which of these areas do you feel you have moderate to excellent skill? Check all that apply.
Please indicate the days and times you are usually available to volunteer.
In the event of an emergency whom should we notify?
The following volunteer assignments may currently be available. You may click the assignment names to learn more about that assignment. Use this list to rank your top three assignment choices.
We like to keep volunteers informed of important news, schedules, and volunteer opportunities by email, however will not send you any email you prefer not to receive. Use the checkboxes below to select the kinds of email you would like to receive from us.
Volgistics Volunteer Alerts sends reminders, alerts, and custom messages from System Operators and
Coordinators. Use this section to opt-in and opt-out of text messaging (also known as "SMS"),
and initially set how you would like to receive messages. Your messages can be delivered as emails,
text messages, or none. You can change this at any time through VicNet. View supported phone carriers.
Message and Data Rates May Apply. For help or information on this program send "HELP" to 28344.
You can send "STOP" to 28344 at any time to opt out. For additional assistance, call 888-891-6978 or
Message frequency based on account settings.
Messages are not guaranteed to be delivered. All messages will be sent by email until you respond "YES"
to the welcome text message sent after the application form is submitted. Message preferences
can be changed in VicNet on the Account tab.
We provide an online "Volunteer Information Center" where volunteers may check their schedules, update their information, and receive messages. Please select the password you would like to use to access the online Volunteer Information Center.
Have you ever been convicted of a criminal offense, placed on probation, or given a suspended sentence? If yes, please explain.
Volunteer Liability Waiver - Safety
The Japanese Friendship Garden of Phoenix Participant agreement, assumption of risk, and release of liability:
I hereby acknowledge and agree to the following, as a condition of participating as a volunteer at the Japanese Friendship Garden of Phoenix, AZ:
1. My involvement and/or participation as a volunteer is voluntary, and I am acting under my own free will.
2. There is a risk of danger, bodily harm, injury, emotional stress, or death as a result of my participation. The risks may arise from work and/or the associated equipment, with the acknowledgement that potential risks are not limited to this list: cuts, bruises, concussion, scrapes, splinters, trauma, falls, broken bones, skin irritation, stings, bites.
3. There is the potential for risks and dangers that may not be obvious or reasonably foreseeable at this time.
4. I do not have any medical ailments, major physical limitations, or mental disabilities that will affect my ability to participate in gardening volunteering.
5. The Japanese Friendship Garden undertakes no direct legal or financial responsibility for my personal safety or wellbeing when I am participating in volunteering at the Japanese Friendship Garden of Phoenix, AZ.
6. I assume the risks, including, but not limited to, those outlined in Section 3 of this agreement.
7. I forever release The Japanese Friendship Garden and all related participants from any and all claims and causes of action that I or my representatives now have or may have in the future for personal injury, property damage or wrongful death occurring to me, arising out of participation in volunteering.
8. I am 100% liable for all medical expenses incurred as a result of any injury or property damage during my participation in volunteering at the Japanese Friendship Garden of Phoenix, AZ.
9. In the event that any one or more of the provisions of this agreement shall be held to be invalid, illegal, unenforceable or in conflict with the law according to the jurisdiction of the state of AZ, the remaining portions will not be invalidated, and shall remain in full force and effect.
10. This is a legally binding contract, but it is not meant to pronounce any claims or defenses that are legally prohibited.
Volunteer Liability Waiver - COVID-19
I hereby volunteer my time and services for the Japanese Friendship Garden of Phoenix acknowledge that said organization is doing everything they canto protect the public as well as myself as a volunteer. To this extent, I agree to follow Center of Disease Control (CDC) and local health district guidelines and the Japanese Friendship Garden of Phoenix policies and procedures for social distancing to reduce the spread of Novel Coronavirus, or COVID-19. This will require me to maintain six (6) feet of distance between myself, fellow volunteers, and patrons of the organization as much as possible. This procedure will be required for visitor-to-visitor contact as well to limit exposure.
I agree to use surgical masks or improvised masks such as scarves, bandanas, and handkerchiefs to reduce the risk of exposure to myself and others. I agree to wash or sanitize my hands after using the restroom, sneezing, and coughing, and before eating or preparing meals or sundries for distribution and will properly wear and utilize sterile gloves.
I understand that there is no direct medical health coverage afforded to me during my relationship with the Japanese Friendship Garden of Phoenix. The Japanese Friendship Garden of Phoenix is not responsible for any potential exposure to Novel Coronavirus, or COVID-19, which is not a direct result of negligence on the part of their employees, volunteers, or the organization.
By signing below, I agree to comply with the written instructions above in both the Safety and COVID-19 Waivers. Failure to comply with these written instructions or verbal instructions from staff may result in my volunteer privileges being removed and I may be asked to leave the premises.
By clicking the 'I agree' checkbox, I attest that I understand and agree to the terms of this agreement.