Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Saint Thomas Rutherford Hospital. Please review the requirements below, complete the form, and click the submit button at the bottom.
* Volunteers must be 18 years or older and have completed high school.
* Be willing to make a minimum commitment of one 2-4 hour shift per week for a minimum of 3 months or more.
* Accept all immunization, health screening, and drug testing requirement terms.
ALL APPLICANTS SHOULD CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING:
1. Are you involved with other organizations, hobbies, work commitments, or have a changing academic schedule that might prevent you from keeping your commitment?
2. Would your schedule allow you to meet the minimum time commitments required, as listed above.
3. Are you available to volunteer once a week, same day and same time every week?
4. Do you have consistent transportation?
5. Are you mature, responsible, outgoing, friendly, proactive and willing to engage people as you help them?
BECOMING A VOLUNTEER:
1. Fill out the Ascension Saint Thomas Rutherford Hospital Adult Volunteer online application.
2. After your completed application and availability has been reviewed, we will contact you to schedule an interview.
After a successful interview, you will be scheduled with the Employee Health Nurse for health screening, and drug testing, followed by a background check secured from the information you provide in your application. The steps to follow are:
Prior to your appointment with the Employee Health Office nurse, get a copy of your immunization records for MMR and Varicella vaccinations. If you do not have those records, see your PCP for a titers for both; and bring those records to your appointment. Should the titers show a need for those immunizations, the health nurse will provide them to you. At this appointment you will receive:
1. One TB skin tests. Its a blood draw.
2. COVID vaccine or get one by employee health.
3. A health exam which includes, blood pressure, heart rate, eyes, ears and throat check.
4. Complete a brief health history for your files
5. Drug screening test
6. A Flu vaccination,(if seasonally appropriate)*
7. Background check. A confidential background check is requested by Volunteer
Manager through Ascension.
8. Interview with Volunteer Manager.
After successfully completing all requirements for volunteer service, you will be scheduled to attend Volunteer Orientation; where you will learn the Mission and Vision of Ascension Saint Thomas, HIPPA/Compliance/Safety regulations, Volunteer Services Policies and Procedures, and the details of your assignment and schedule. You will also receive your uniform, and we will create a photo ID for the badge you will be provided.
Please provide the information below as accurately as possible.
If you have worked in the last seven years, please provide information about your employment history.
Volunteers are asked to make a minimum commitment of 2-4 hours per week.
Please select your days of service by interest and availability below.
In regards to volunteer service, do you prefer working with a team, as an individual with a specific task, or do you have specific skills that might be utilized in organizational and/or clerical tasks?
Are there working conditions or settings that you must or would like to avoid? If so, please explain.
Please list any community or school affiliations, previous volunteer experience, and any work experience you may have.