Please complete this application form if you are interested in becoming an Exhibit Interpreter volunteer. Once you complete the form, click the "Continue" button at the bottom.
Job Description: Exhibit Interpreters serve as our “on the floor” education ambassadors through guest engagement and interpretations of our new exhibits including wet (aquarium), digital, and static exhibits in the Marinelife Gallery, Rinker Breezeway, Welcome Center, and Outdoor Ecosystem Tanks. Exhibit Interpreters will also engage with guests around campus using new STEM Carts for biofact/object interpretation. **Note: Exhibit Interpreters will not be stationed at Turtle Hospital Tanks. For Hospital specific interpretation, see Hospital Interpreter description.
Responsibilities: Exhibit Interpreters are expected to engage with visitors at each exhibit and accurately interpret exhibit topics or theming. Exhibit Interpreters will be assigned to 1-2 exhibits at a time and will follow an assigned rotation schedule to cover multiple exhibits throughout one shift.
You may optionally provide the following information. It is used only to help us get a better idea of the demographic make-up of our volunteers.
NOTE: The password you enter below will be the password you use to access your volunteer account to view your schedule and hours in the future. Your email will be your username.
Morning Shift Times: 9:30am-1:30pm
Afternoon Shift Times: 1:00pm-5:00pm
*Volunteer shifts are scheduled on the same days and times weekly, i.e. Tuesday mornings, Thursday afternoons, etc.
Please note allowing consent to electronic newsletters and schedule reminders are essential to receiving updates on the status of your application following submission, and monthly reminders of scheduling each month if selected. We like to keep active volunteers informed of important news, schedules, call for help shifts, and volunteer opportunities by electronic newsletters as well. Please know these emails have critical information if you'd like to stay informed, however, we will not send you any email you prefer not to receive. Use the checkboxes below to select the kinds of email you would like to receive from us.
Please check this box. This will allow you to be notified about interviews, new volunteer orientations and when LMC is closed for the holidays. This is the only way to keep you informed.
*Please answer all questions in box below.*
1. Do you need community service hours? If so, how many hours do you need and what are they needed for? *Please note we no longer accept court-mandated community service applicants.
2. What attracted you to volunteering at Loggerhead Marinelife Center?
3. Do you have any previous volunteer experience?
4. Are you a seasonal volunteer? If so, what months are you in Florida?
1. Do you have any previous experience or training in Education, such as teaching (formal or informal), docent experience, or public speaking? (Please list if applicable)
2. On a scale of 1-10, with 10 being most comfortable, how comfortable are you speaking in front of a large audience?
3. On a scale of 1 – 10, with 10 being most comfortable, what is your comfort level when it comes to facilitating programs or engaging with all ages, children to adults?
4. Do you have any prior knowledge on ocean conservation or marine life?
Why would you make an excellent candidate for this volunteer position?