Please complete this application form FULLY if you are interested in becoming a Hunkapi Programs, Inc. volunteer. Once you complete the form, click the Continue button at the bottom. We will be in touch with directions on how to schedule a Level 1 Orientation. If this form is being completed for someone under the age of 18, a parent or guardian must complete and approve all information indicated in this form. If you are younger than 13, you must volunteer with an adult.
We like to keep volunteers informed of important news, schedules, and volunteer opportunities by email. We primarily use email to communicate and opting out will leave you uninformed.
Volunteer information may include upcoming events, trainings or scheduling needs. Please do not opt out of this type of email as this is one of our main methods of communication.
Volgistics Volunteer Alerts sends reminders, alerts, and custom messages from System Operators and
Coordinators. Use this section to opt-in and opt-out of text messaging (also known as "SMS"),
and initially set how you would like to receive messages. Your messages can be delivered as emails,
text messages, or none. You can change this at any time through VicNet. View supported phone carriers.
Message and Data Rates May Apply. For help or information on this program send "HELP" to 28344.
You can send "STOP" to 28344 at any time to opt out. For additional assistance, call 888-891-6978 or
Message frequency based on account settings.
Messages are not guaranteed to be delivered. All messages will be sent by email until you respond "YES"
to the welcome text message sent after the application form is submitted. Message preferences
can be changed in VicNet on the Account tab.
Please complete the following information. For 1 & 2, please provide 2 emergency contacts.
Are you a member in a group or organization that has regularly scheduled volunteer times. (e.g. Boys' Time Charity, NCL, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, etc.) Please use this space to write in the group name and coordinator if known.
Please indicate the days and times you are usually available to volunteer. These do not need to be exact.
There are times when Hunkapi Programs needs help in areas such as, design and marketing, finance, education, social media or technology. If you have skills in any of those areas or others that you feel might be helpful to the program please let us know. Please write N/A if not applicable:
Do you have any physical or emotional health concerns that may affect your ability to work safely around horses and/or clients? (This includes overall fitness, cardiac health, respiratory health, bone or joint function, hospitalizations/surgeries and any lifestyle changes that may affect your emotional/mental health state while volunteering at Hunkapi.) If yes, please explain.
Please use the space to answer the following questions:
1. Are you able to walk at a brisk pace for at least 30 minutes (Yes/No)?
2. Are you able to carry and/or support at least 50 pounds (Yes/No)?
3. Are you able to jog for a short distance (Yes/No)?
1. Consent for treatment: In the event that emergency medical aid/treatment is required for me (or my child/ward) due to illness or injury while on Hunkapi Programs Inc.’s property or participating in any Hunkapi Programs Inc. related
activity, I authorize Hunkapi Programs Inc. to secure and obtain medical treatment and/or transportation, if needed. This includes, but is not limited to, x-rays, surgery, anesthesia, hospitalization, medication and any treatment/procedure deemed “lifesaving” by a physician, hospital or other medical facility. This provision will only be invoked if I (or my child/ward) am unable to communicate or arrange for treatment, and my parent/guardian or emergency contacts listed above cannot be reached in a timely manner and Hunkapi Programs Inc. must act on my behalf. I understand that the cost of any such treatment authorized by Hunkapi Programs Inc. shall remain my responsibility.
2. Decline consent for treatment: I DO NOT give consent for Hunkapi Programs Inc. personnel to authorize medical treatment for me (or my child/ward), except to arrange for emergency medical treatment/aid on my behalf. In the event of an emergency, I wish the following to take place.
I understand that I consent to and authorize the use and reproduction of any photographs and/or any other audiovisual materials taken or me, my child, my ward, for promotional materials, educational activities, social media and exhibitions for any use for the benefit of Hunkapi Programs.
I understand and agree that Hunkapi Programs Inc. requires all riders 17 years and younger to wear the SEI Certified ASTM Standard F 1163 Equestrian Helmet, unless their parents or legal guardians sign a refusal statement in the box that follows. Please write Accept or Decline:
By clicking "I agree," you certify that you agree to the following:
1. I agree to indemnify and hold harmless Hunkapi Programs Inc., and its members, officers, servants, agents, volunteers and employees (hereinafter Hunkapi Programs Inc.), for any costs incurred to treat me, even if Hunkapi Programs Inc. has signed medical facility documentation promising to pay for the treatment due to my inability to sign the documentation. I further agree to release, waive, discharge, covenant not to sue, and agree to hold harmless for any and all purposes. Hunkapi Programs Inc. from any and all liabilities, claims, demands, injuries (including death), or damages, including court costs and attorneys’ fees and expenses, that may be sustained by me while receiving medical care or in Hunkapi Programs Inc. deciding to seek medical care, including while traveling to and from a medical care facility, including injuries sustained as a result of the sole, joint, or concurrent negligence, negligence per se, statutory fault, or strict liability of Hunkapi Programs Inc. I understand this waiver does not apply to injuries caused by intentional or grossly negligent conduct.
2. I understand that participation at Hunkapi Programs Inc. is voluntary. I give permission for my child/my ward to participate in horseback riding and/or volunteer in program activities operated by Hunkapi Programs Inc.
3. I represent that I am physically able to undertake all reasonable volunteer activities and I/my child/my ward participates in such activities at our own risk.
4. I understand a horse may, without warning or any apparent cause, buck, stumble, fall, rear, bite, kick, run, make unpredictable movements, spook, jump obstacles, step on a person's feet, push or shove a person. I understand that saddles or bridles may loosen or break, all of which may result in serious injury or death to anyone working with or around horses.
5. I understand that under Arizona State Law, an equine owner or agent is not liable for any injury to or the death of a participant in equine activities resulting from the inherent risk of equine activities pursuant to Arizona Revised Statutes 12-553.
6. I agree to assume all risks that may result in injury to me/my child/my ward or any other person while volunteering, participating, or observing Hunkapi Programs Inc. activities. I understand that unexpected events may occur while I/my child/my ward is volunteering for, participating in, or observing these activities. It is my express consent that this entire agreement shall bind the members of my family, my spouse, my heirs, assigns and personal representatives.
7. I assume full responsibility and liability for the conduct and safety of any and all persons I bring onto the property where Hunkapi Programs Inc. events are conducted, including minors.
8. I agree that in consideration for allowing participation in horseback riding and/or other program activities operated by Hunkapi Programs Inc., I hereby release, waive, discharge, covenant not to sue, and agree to hold harmless for any and all purposes Hunkapi Programs Inc. and its members, officers, servants, agents, volunteers and employees, and the owners and operators of all facilities utilized by Hunkapi Programs Inc. in the provision of services and program activities (hereinafter Hunkapi Programs Inc.) from any and all liabilities, claims, demands, injuries (including death), or damages, including court costs and attorney’s fees and expenses, that may be sustained while participating in or observing such activities, while traveling to and from such activities, or while on the premises owned or leased by Hunkapi Programs Inc., including injuries sustained as a result of the sole, joint, or concurrent negligence per se, statutory fault, or grossly negligent conduct.
9. I agree that, for myself, my child and/or legal ward, that we have been fully warned and advised by Hunkapi Programs Inc. that protective headgear/helmet, which meets or exceeds the quality standards of the SEI Certified ASTM Standard F 1163 Equestrian Helmet, should be worn while riding, handling and/or being near horses. I understand that wearing of such headgear/helmet at these times may reduce severity of some of the wearer’s head injuries and possibly prevent the wearer’s death from happening as a result of a fall and other occurrences.
10. I acknowledge that Hunkapi Programs Inc. has offered me, and my child and/or legal ward if applicable, protective headgear/helmet that meets or exceeds the quality standards of the SEI Certified ASTM Standard F 1163 Equestrian Helmet.
11. I acknowledge that, once provided, if I choose to wear the protective headgear/helmet offered, I will be responsible for properly securing the headgear/helmet on my head or my child’s/ward’s head at all times.
12. I hereby authorize Verified First, on behalf of Hunkapi Programs Inc., to procure a local and/or national background check on me. I understand the background check will contain record of any criminal conviction and/ or criminal file maintained on me whether local, state, or national. I hereby release Verified First and Hunkapi Programs Inc. of any and all claims and liability resulting from such disclosures. I hereby authorize all law enforcement agencies to release all information they may have about me to Verified First and Hunkapi Programs Inc. or its agents, and do forever release them from any liability or responsibility for doing so to the fullest extent allowed by law from any claims from the requested information. I recognize and agree that a copy or facsimile of this document shall be as valid as the original. I recognize and agree that this release shall be valid for this and any future update reports requested. According to the Fair Credit Reporting Act, I am entitled to know if I am denied based on information contained in this report, and to receive, upon written request, a disclosure of the public record information as well as the nature and scope of the investigative report.
I have read and understand all the above and waive any claim which may arise against Hunkapi Programs Inc., its officers, instructors, volunteers, participants, employees, agents or owners of the property where Hunkapi Programs Inc. events are conducted. This agreement is effective upon signing and continues so long as I participate in Hunkapi Programs Inc. events.