In consideration of this opportunity to volunteer for Second Chance Ranch, I agree to the following Terms and Conditions:
• I will act in accordance with the mission and values of Second Chance Ranch.
• I will attend and complete an orientation prior to beginning volunteer work with Second Chance Ranch.
• I will follow all rules, regulations, guidelines, and policies of Second Chance Ranch while I am a Junior Volunteer.
• I agree to be supervised by a Second Chance Ranch leader while I am on site at the Second Chance Ranch.
• I agree to work as a team member with all volunteers.
• I will treat other volunteers and the general public with dignity and respect.
• If I sign up for a shift or activity, I will commit to it and I will contact the Ranch Manager or other leader as far in advance as possible if I cannot attend or complete my shift.
• In the event of a scheduling issue, I will never leave the Second Chance Ranch unattended for any reason.
• I agree to treat all residents with kindness and concern for their wellbeing.
• I understand that the safety of our residents, volunteers, and grounds is our top priority.
• I agree that in being under the age of 18, I will remain constantly under supervision of an adult, and that Second Chance Ranch will be held harmless in the event of harm or injury.
• I understand that while volunteering at an animal shelter is rewarding, it is also a great amount of work. Second Chance Ranch will rely on me for help when I sign up for shifts - whether it be for walking dogs, cleaning kennels, or doing laundry, etc.
• I understand Second Chance Ranch appreciates flexibility and working together toward a common goal.
• I have accurately and truthfully completed this Junior Volunteer Application and Agreement.
• I understand that my profile may be deleted after 6 months of inactivity.
If accepted as a Junior Volunteer for Second Chance Ranch, a non-profit corporation run by volunteers, I realize I am not a paid employee and am not covered by any workers' compensation insurance or any other insurance or guaranteed medical payment coverage which would compensate me should I be injured while on the premises of Second Chance Ranch or off the premises while volunteering for Second Chance Ranch.
As a Junior Volunteer with Second Chance Ranch, I recognize and acknowledge that volunteering at an animal shelter can be a very physically demanding task and might bother some people with allergies. While some of these requirements and areas may not apply to me and my specific volunteer opportunity, I understand the risk involved.
I recognize that in handling animals there exists a risk of injury including physical harm caused by the animals. On behalf of myself, my heirs, personal representatives and executors, I hereby fully release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless forever Second Chance Ranch, its corporation officers, directors, board of directors, agents, servants, and other volunteers from any and all things, acts, omission or conditions which may cause me damage or injury or any other problems in any way connected with my services for Second Chance Ranch including, but not limited to, animal bites or scratches, accidents, injuries, property damages or veterinary fees. I understand that I cannot be covered under Second Chance Ranch’s insurance and I am included as a dependent in my parent(s) or legal guardian's health insurance provider.
I know of no medical or other condition which would prevent me from volunteering at Second Chance Ranch.
I understand that, as a Junior Volunteer, I cannot represent Second Chance Ranch in any legal or incident matters.
I give Second Chance Ranch authority to seek emergency treatment, if necessary, in the event of an accident. I understand that in the event of an accident while performing volunteer services, I will not be covered by workers’ compensation for medical costs. I fully understand that my parent(s) or legal guardian(s) are responsible for all medical costs in the event of an accident.
I understand that because I may handle animals, it is important to have a tetanus vaccination prior to volunteering and to discuss and understand the importance of being vaccinated with my physician. I understand that whatever decision I make is at my own risk and if my vaccination is not current, I release Second Chance Ranch from all responsibility and liability in the event of personal injury and any complications as the result of me not pursuing the matter further.
Safety is the primary concern at Second Chance Ranch. All volunteers MUST read and accept the terms below prior to volunteering at Second Chance Ranch, and prior to using any chemicals and/or cleaning agents. Proper chemical and cleaning agent dilution and application are essential to an effective cleaning regimen and necessary for the safety of persons using the chemicals. I understand the importance of properly using the chemicals and cleaning agents used at Second Chance Ranch.
Checking "I agree" indicates my parent or legal guardian is 18 YEARS OLD OR OVER THE AGE OF 18 YEARS OLD and has read, understands, and agrees to the above.
I certify that all information on this application is true to the best of my knowledge. I understand that filling out a volunteer application does not guarantee my acceptance into the volunteer program.