Guest Services Volunteers support the Guest Services team to assist in the operations of the 4D theater, assist in crowd control, help to enforce institutional rules in compliance with CDC guidelines, line expedite and interact with our guests to enhance the experience for everyone visiting.
• Strong communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Able to move quickly and with ease through crowded public areas, up and down stairs.
• Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
• Ability to work outside in all weather conditions.
• Previous experience in guest service preferred.
• Enthusiastic, friendly, outgoing and engaging.
• Comfortable interacting with large crowds.
• Commitment to high guest service standards.
• Ability to work weekends and holidays.
• Required to wear a uniform and follow departmental dress code.
• Multilingual skills preferred.
Essential Job Functions:
• Assist in expediting outdoor admission lines on peak days.
• Able to make minor decisions regarding crowd control and individual guest concerns.
• Able to maintain a positive attitude dealing with both guests and staff.
• Ability to communicate any operational, safety or guest concerns to management in a timely and effective manner.
• Assist in managing traffic flow, answer guest’s questions, provide direction and enforce CDC guidelines.
• Must have a comfort level in confronting guests to redirect as needed.
• Perform duties of 4D Theater Usher, which include seating guests while maintaining social distancing between families, remain in the theater during the movie to ensure everyone inside the theater is safe, operate the control panel and clean the seats in between shows.
• Wash and dry 4D glasses as needed.
• Perform duties of Front Usher position, which include greeting guests, scanning advanced tickets and ability to answer guest’s questions as needed.
Onboarding and Training:
Training will be provided by the guest services team. Onboarding for this position will be continual. If interested, please submit an application. Qualified candidates will be asked for an interview with guest service managers.
• If accepted into the program, candidates must pay a $50 onboarding fee.
• If accepted, candidates 18 years of age and older must pass a criminal background check.
Below are the minimum shift requirements to remain in good volunteer standing at The Maritime Aquarium
• Non-working adults: Four 4-hour shifts per month.
• Working adults and students: One 4-hour shift per month (students are expected to volunteer for one 4-hour shift per week during the Summer)
We ask for 100 hours of service to be completed before recommendations or verification of hours will be provided.
This position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities of the volunteer for this role. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.