Volunteers are essential to the YMCA's cause and to our future as a vital not-for-profit committed to developing community beyond our walls. With a focus on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, Y volunteers support programs, assist with special events, coach, serve on committees or boards, raise funds or serve to make their communities a better place to live. Please answer all questions completely. Once you complete the form, please click the submit button at the bottom.
Please limit your choices to less than three locations:
Please answer all questions completely:
Please provide one personal and one professional:
Please provide us with any information you would like to share regarding your work or volunteer experience, skills, talents and area of expertise:
Please enter any comments here regarding your availability:
Do you have any relatives that work for the YMCA?
Have you ever been convicted of a felony or a misdemeanor? If yes, state location, date and description, except for offenses pertaining to marijuana more than two years ago:
If yes, list YMCA name and address:
We like to keep volunteers informed of important news and volunteer opportunities by email, however we will not send you an email you prefer not to receive one. Use the checkboxes below to select the types of email you would like to receive from us.
You may optionally provide the following information. It is used only to help us get a better understanding of the demographic make-up of our volunteers.
1. I certify, under penalty of perjury, that all of the above information is true and complete and I understand that any misrepresentation, falsification or omission of information may result in the denial of appointment or, if hired, may result in termination.
2. I authorize the Association to contact my former employers, references, and any and all other persons and organizations for information bearing upon my qualifications. I further authorize the listed employers, schools, and personal references to give the Association (with or without further notice to me) any and all information about my previous employment and education, along with any other pertinent information they may have. In addition I hereby release the YMCA, my former employer, and all other persons, corporations, partnerships and associations from any and all claims demands or liabilities arising on or any way related to such investigation or disclosure.
3. I expressly agree and understand that my appointment, having no specific term, is based upon mutual consent and may be terminated at will, with or without cause or notice, by either party (the Association or me). I also understand that this aspect of my appointment which includes the Association's right to demote or otherwise discipline with or without cause or notice, may not be changed, modified, amended or rescinded except by an individual written agreement signed by both me and the President of the Association.
4. I acknowledge that I have read all the above statements and that I understand them. In addition, the statements above supersede and replace any prior understandings or discussions I have had with the Association and set forth the complete agreement between me and the Association regarding these matters.
5. The YMCA takes seriously the protection of the children involved in its programs. To help assure the safety of children the YMCA follows a comprehensive hiring protocol for volunteer and paid staff, including thorough interviews and reference checks, criminal background screening through the California Department of Justice and Federal Bureau of Investigation, and review and acceptance of the YMCA Code of Conduct.
As part of this protocol, questions about past abuse and/or abusive behavior will be asked of each applicant and reference. By signing this application, I agree that the information I give now and as part of the hiring process shall be true, complete, and accurate.
The YMCA of San Diego County requires that you submit an electronic signature. I agree to provide my electronic signature by checking 'I Agree' from the Signature Agreement select box.