Please complete this application form if you are 18 years or older and interested in becoming a St. Vincent de Paul Dayton volunteer. Once you complete the form, click the Continue button at the bottom. Note that at any given time there are only certain volunteer roles available. If the role(s) you are interested in are not open at the time of receipt of your application, we will keep your application on file for one year and reach out to you if your preferred volunteer role becomes available. Thank you!
Please provide information for individuals we should contact in case of an emergency.
We like to keep volunteers informed of important news, schedules, and volunteer opportunities by email, however will not send you any email you prefer not to receive. Use the checkboxes below to select the kinds of email you would like to receive from us.
Keep up to date with important St Vincent info
Be alerted when we have urgent or special volunteer needs
Hello! You have been assigned work the following shift at St. Vincent de Paul. Let me know if you have any questions 937.222.5555 ext.103. Thanks! Maria
Hello! Here is a brief reminder of your schedule. Let me know if you have any questions! 937.222.5555 ext.103 Thanks Maria!
Volgistics Volunteer Alerts sends reminders, alerts, and custom messages from System Operators and
Coordinators. Use this section to opt-in and opt-out of text messaging (also known as "SMS"),
and initially set how you would like to receive messages. Your messages can be delivered as emails,
text messages, or none. You can change this at any time through VicNet. View supported phone carriers.
Message and Data Rates May Apply. For help or information on this program send "HELP" to 28344.
You can send "STOP" to 28344 at any time to opt out. For additional assistance, call 888-891-6978 or
Message frequency based on account settings.
Messages are not guaranteed to be delivered. All messages will be sent by email until you respond "YES"
to the welcome text message sent after the application form is submitted. Message preferences
can be changed in VicNet on the Account tab.
If your reason for volunteering is because you have to complete court ordered community service please let us know in the notes section below.
I agree that the information provided is accurate and truthful. I understand submission of this application does not guarantee placement as a volunteer. I understand that all prospective volunteers will receive consideration without discrimination due to race, color, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital, military or veteran status or any other legal protected status.
I also agree that I have reviewed and agree to the Code of Ethics as listed here:
Code of Ethics for Volunteers
1. I will be conscious of the fact that everything I do, directly or indirectly, reflects upon the St. Vincent de Paul organization as a whole.
2. I will hold myself to the highest standard of conduct reflective of my position as a volunteer and the work that I do, always striving to avoid even the appearance of impropriety.
3. I will recognize the worth, dignity and uniqueness of all persons, and will at all times treat staff members, volunteers, clients, customers, and residents with the highest respect, regardless of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, marital status, political belief, mental or physical disability, military status, status as a veteran or any types of discrimination based on personal characteristics, conditions or status.
4. I will at all times clearly distinguish between statements made by me as a private individual and statements representing St. Vincent de Paul and/or statements that could be mistakenly interpreted as representing St. Vincent de Paul
5. I will at all times conduct myself in a professional manner while volunteering, in public places, at times when customers, clients and/or supporters of the St. Vincent de Paul organization are present, as well as remaining in full compliance with the St. Vincent de Paul volunteer manual.
6. I will at no time aid or abet a client and/or anyone else in any form of illegal activity, or participate in any illegal activity that would directly or indirectly reflect adversely on the agency’s integrity or expose the organization to any negative publicity.
7. I will never knowingly contribute to enabling a client’s irresponsible behavior, or put my own safety or the safety of others at risk and I will immediately report this behavior to management.
8. I will at all times avoid relationships or commitments that conflict or may conflict with the interests of the St. Vincent de Paul organization and my position while on and off property.
9. I will avoid any romantic attachments and/or sexual relationships with staff members whether directly or indirectly, and with clients, customers, and/or residents, whether they are temporary or long-term participants in an agency program or activity.
10. I understand that, as a St. Vincent de Paul volunteer, I am not permitted to invite clients or residents into my home for any reason, nor am I permitted to spend the night in a client’s or resident’s quarters. This also extends to staff members.
11. I will actively work to expand choices and opportunities for all people, with special regard for disadvantaged or oppressed groups of people.
12. I will avoid even the appearance of exploitation of professional relationships for personal gain. This includes providing service to or receiving services from guests outside of normal work duties whether for pay or not.
13. I will at no time accept gifts (monetary or otherwise) from customers, clients, residents, or staff without prior approval from senior management whether occurring on or off St. Vincent de Paul property.
14. I will not purchase or sell any merchandise or service to clients, customers, residents, or staff, nor will I engage in their hire for personal projects without prior approval from management.
15. I will at no time engage in activities that could be interpreted as being designed to proselytize or convert a customer, client, resident, volunteer, or staff member to a particular religious belief or church.
16. I will actively work to prevent practices that are inhumane or discriminatory against any person or group of persons and report these instances to shelter management immediately.
17. I will respect the privacy of staff members, customers, clients, volunteers, and residents and hold in strict confidence all information obtained in the course of providing professional services, to include:
• Disclosure of confidential information regarding any facet of the program or its participants without prior approval from senior management;
• Acknowledging to anyone outside the agency that an individual is a participant, client, customer resident or recipient of any agency program or services without a release of information or prior approval from senior management;
• Discussing or revealing any confidential information regarding employees or volunteers of the St. Vincent de Paul organization; and
• Making statements to the media and/or posting confidential or negative statements about the St. Vincent de Paul organization, clients, residents, staff members or volunteers on social media.
• I will not take photos or video recordings of clients, residents, staff or other volunteers at any time, without written permission from the Administrative Offices of St. Vincent de Paul.
18. I will at no time use profanity, vulgarity, obscenities, or discriminatory slurs against or involving customers, clients, residents, staff or volunteers.
19. I will not be under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol while volunteering or acting as a representative, actual or perceived, of the St. Vincent de Paul organization.
20. I will actively work to provide customers, clients, and residents with accurate information regarding programs and services available within the agency and the community.
21. I will at no time transport a client or resident for any reason.