1. The Franklin Food Pantry is a public charity and has limited financial resources.
2. I accept all risks of personal injury and liability for all volunteer placements and tasks that I perform as a volunteer for the Franklin Food Pantry.
3. Some volunteer tasks involve carrying heavy objects, lifting, climbing and other physical activities. I will not undertake any activity that I am not able to safely perform.
4. I also acknowledge my understanding that my service as a volunteer on or about Franklin Food Pantry's properties or as a volunteer at a Franklin Food Pantry special event may expose me to various risks of injury or illness. In consideration of the permission and privilege allowed to me to serve as a volunteer, I agree and understand that I freely assume all risks, hazards and losses which may befall me in connection with my exercise of the permission and privilege allowed to me by Franklin Food Pantry, and I agree not to hold the Franklin Food Pantry, its agents, employees or volunteers liable for risk, hazard, injury, illness, property damage and/or loss.
5. I understand that this Waiver and Release of Liability extends to and applies to any personal injuries, injurious results, damage or losses which I may experience or sustain while engaged in training for volunteer service or while engaged in serving as a volunteer for the Franklin Food Pantry.
6. I promise for myself, my estate, executor, heirs and assigns not to sue or initiate any claim procedure against Franklin Food Pantry, its agents, employees, volunteers, assigns, or successors with respect to any risk, hazard, loss, injury, illness, or property damage I may experience or sustain arising directly or indirectly out of my volunteer activities with or at the Franklin Food Pantry and agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Franklin Food Pantry from and against all such claims that I or my successors or assigns may bring.
7. I understand that if my application is accepted, that acceptance is contingent on the results of a CORI background Check and my sign off on the Volunteer Handbook. The Franklin Food Pantry reserves the right to decline an application to volunteer or to discontinue working with a volunteer at any time, for any reason, as long as it is not an unlawful reason. A volunteer may discontinue volunteering with us at any time, although we would appreciate ample notice.
8. The protection of confidential information about the individuals served by the Franklin Food Pantry, as well as its staff, volunteers and donors is vital to the interest and the success of the Franklin Food Pantry. Staff and volunteers may exchange confidential information with each other when there is an appropriate need to know. Confidential information includes, but is not limited to: (i) information about co-workers or co-volunteers; (ii) information about clients; and (iii) information regarding client lists, donors, prospect lists, fundraising activities and other business practices of the Franklin Food Pantry. Information, as described above, is not to be released to any outside sources. Staff or volunteers who improperly use or divulge confidential information will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination.
I agree to maintain all information that I receive during my service as a volunteer as confidential and to respect the confidentiality of all privileged information I gain either directly or indirectly through my work with the Franklin Food Pantry, including information that involves staff, volunteers, clients, donors or overall Franklin Food Pantry business.
PERMISSION TO USE PHOTOGRAPH
9. I give my permission for the Franklin Food Pantry to use my photograph and name in publications, websites, videos, brochures, or any promotional material produced by them or other press release distributed to the media.
By checking the ‘I agree” box below, I acknowledge that all the information on the Volunteer Application is correct and that I have reviewed and agree to abide by the Franklin Food Pantry Service Guidelines, Confidentiality Statement and all Waiver and Release of Liability terms.