Please complete this application form if you are interested in becoming a FARM Cafe volunteer. Once you complete the form, click the Continue button at the bottom.
If you are applying to volunteer as a group, please indicate "Group" under Type of Volunteer.
Have you ever been convicted of a crime? [If yes, please explain the nature of the crime and the date of the conviction and disposition.] Conviction of a crime is not an automatic disqualification for volunteer work.
We like to keep volunteers informed of important news, schedules, and volunteer opportunities by email, however will not send you any email you prefer not to receive. Use the checkboxes below to select the kinds of email you would like to receive from us.
I understand that my work is voluntary and that some risks may occur due to the nature of the work in F.A.R.M. Cafe or at a F.A.R.M. Cafe-sponsored event. I understand and assume these risks and hereby release F.A.R.M. Cafe and its officers, directors, employees, affiliates, or agents from any and all liability regarding the volunteer effort with F.A.R.M. Cafe. I agree to save and hold each of them harmless from and against all claims, costs, expenses, demands, and actions with the volunteer effort.
By clicking the "I agree" box, I understand that I agree to the following statements:
1) I have read and understand F.A.R.M. Cafe's Volunteer Health Policy
2) I will report when I have been exposed to any of the symptoms or illnesses listed in the Volunteer Health Policy before volunteering; and
3) I will comply with volunteer restrictions and/or exclusions that have been provided by F.A.R.M. Cafe staff.
F.A.R.M. Cafe is a 501(c)(3) non-profit that builds a healthy and inclusive community by providing high quality & delicious meals produced from local sources when available, served in a restaurant where everybody eats, regardless of means.
In order to sustain the mission of F.A.R.M. Cafe, and because the restaurant operates almost exclusively on volunteer labor, we have established a Meal Exchange Policy that provides guidelines for meal exchange eligibility.
Volunteers include those who work
• in exchange for a meal (those of lesser means)
• for class credit (or other school related credit)
• for court/judiciary appointed community service
• to donate their time in order to “pay-it-forward”
Our meal exchange guidelines are as follows:
• Those who cannot pay are asked to volunteer at the restaurant for one hour in exchange for a meal.
• Those working for class credit or court/judiciary community service are NOT eligible for a shift meal. However, if you cannot make a monetary contribution for your meal, you may work an additional hour (which will not count toward your class credit or court/judiciary community service) in exchange for a meal.
• Those donating their time are eligible for a shift meal after having worked at least three consecutive hours. If you can afford to make a monetary contribution for your meal, we ask that you consider doing so. This helps us to continue providing meals to those volunteers and clientele who may not be able afford to pay for their meal.
I understand and agree that submitting this application form does not automatically register me as a F.A.R.M. Cafe volunteer, and that there may be certain qualifications I must meet, including the acceptance of established volunteer policies and procedures before I may begin volunteering.
By submitting this form, I attest that the information I have provided on the form is true and accurate.