We’re so glad you've chosen VEAP as your place to volunteer! If you are interested in volunteering in areas other than as a van driver, please close this tab and register through our regular Fast Track application or our Volunteer Interest Form instead.
Requirements to volunteer as a van driver: Ages 25 - 76. Valid driver's license and insurance as well as a clean driving record.
To become a VEAP Volunteer:
1) Complete this registration form.
2) Sign-up for your first volunteer shift. You can schedule up to five shifts at the end of this form.
3) Complete our required paperwork prior to volunteering. After you sign-up for shifts we will send you a welcome email with our required paperwork attached. Required paperwork includes: volunteer expectations, criminal background check, civil rights information, as well as our van driving forms.
3) Arrive 15 minutes early for your first shift, receive a brief tour, and get started with your on-the-job training. For record-keeping purposes, we will also need to make copies of your driver's license and insurance at this time.
We look forward to connecting with you soon! If you have any questions, contact our Volunteer Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 952.955.8323.
Do you have limitations that would prevent you from lifting, bending, or being on your feet?
Use this section to tell us more about yourself. The two checkboxes below refer too . . .
- Email Opportunities: Our Volunteer Department periodically emails volunteers about new opportunities at VEAP such as open positions, events, and more. Check this box if it's OK to receive news about new opportunities from us via email.
- Photography is OK: We use photos of volunteers for marketing purposes as well as for decoration on-site. Check this box if you are OK with us using photos of you volunteering.
1)Is there anything specific you'd like to accomplish while volunteering with us?
2) Are you 55+ and would like to learn about the RSVP Volunteer Program and free benefits? RSVP is a partner of VEAP.
3)Any other facts about yourself that you think we should know.
The information collected is used to help us better understand the different identities of our volunteer corps as well as in our annual report and for writing various grant proposals. Besides age, this section is completely voluntary so please select "prefer not to answer" for any questions you would like to skip.
Selecting days and times is not a commitment and will only be used to help us better understand your interest and needs.
Please check all the skills you have and are willing to share through your volunteering at VEAP.
VEAP collects this information in order to share aggregate data with local faith communities who support VEAP with food and fund donations.
VEAP collects this information to learn more about our volunteers and to support partnership efforts with businesses and corporations.
In case of an emergency, please identify who VEAP should contact.
Please remember to arrive 15 minutes early to your first shift in order to give time for orientation.
After signing up for your first shift(s), you will receive a confirmation via email with next steps. You can sign up for up to five shifts now and after your first shift we will send you instructions on how to self-schedule for future dates.
I am between the ages of 25 and 76. I understand that I will be required to complete compliance paperwork, such as: signing our code of conduct, civil rights information, criminal background check, as well as have a clean driving record, valid driver's license, and insurance.
I understand that if I have questions about this form or volunteering for VEAP in general, I can contact the Volunteer Department at email@example.com or call 952.955.8323