Please complete this application form if you are interested in becoming a City of Glendale volunteer. Once you complete the form, click the submit button at the bottom. Any field marked with an asterisk ( * ) is a required entry.
If you are a current or past Glendale employee or volunteer or have relatives that are employed by the City, please provide the name under which you were employed or volunteered and dates of service, or provide the name of your relative, their assigned department, and relationship to the employee.
Please list the Community Services and/or Parks & Recreation department(s) you are interested in volunteering for. If you have any special requests, please enter in the box below.
Please list any special skills, education, and/or certifications that may apply to your opportunities of interest.
Please tell us why you are interested in volunteering. If this will be a short term commitment, how many hours will be required?
Please tell us the days and times you are available to volunteer.
Please list any languages you are proficient in other than English.
Please list three (3) references. All references must be over age 18, CANNOT be related, and must include at least one of the following:
1) Present or former employer/volunteer agency.
2) Member of an educational institution.
3) Acquaintance who has known you for at least two (2) years, personal or professional.
All Questions Must Be Answered Truthfully And Completely.
The City of Glendale conducts an extensive background investigation of criminal history. A criminal conviction does not constitute an automatic bar to volunteer placement. Each case is considered individually and based on volunteer requirements. However, failure to answer truthfully may result in disqualification for volunteer placement with the City of Glendale.
“Crime” as used in this section means any and all felonies, misdemeanors, and serious driving offenses. “Crime” does not include minor civil traffic offenses. If you are unsure how to answer this question, please ask for clarification.
“Convicted” means that you have been found guilty by a court or jury, pleaded guilty or no contest to a crime and/or have been sentenced for a crime, whether incarcerated, placed on probation, fined, or received a suspended sentence.
For question #1, please answer regardless of whether conviction was later set aside or expunged, in any domestic, foreign or military court.
For question #2, please include any charges, trials or court proceedings, in any jurisdiction.
By checking the "I Agree" box, I fully understand, acknowledge and agree to the following:
1) The program is under no obligation to accept all interested volunteers.
2) I certify that all statements made on this form are true and complete to the best of my knowledge. I understand that any omission, misstatement, or falsification may be cause for rejection of this application and/or discharge from volunteer service.
3) I certify that I am either over the age of 18 or have received prior approval from a parent/guardian to complete/submit this application. If under the age of 18, you may be required to submit a signed parental consent form upon assignment. The City of Glendale requires volunteers to be 14 years or older.
4) I authorize the City of Glendale's Human Resources Department or its designee to make all necessary and appropriate investigations allowable by law to verify the information contained in this application.
The "I Agree" box must be checked in order to submit your application.