Please complete this application form if you are interested in becoming a Hospice volunteer for Carle Foundation Hospital in Urbana.
Once you complete the form, click the submit button at the bottom.
Please enter information about how you found out about volunteering in Hospice (i.e. Website, Friend Referral, Health or Volunteer Fair or other)
You may optionally provide the following information. It is used only to help us get a better idea of the demographic make-up of our volunteers.
What kinds of special skills or hobbies do you have that you might use as a Hospice volunteer?
Please describe any previous volunteer experiences that you have had.
What kind of work do you find enjoyable? Do you find any tasks to be frustrating, discouraging or stressful?
Please list two contacts that would serve as a personal or professional reference for you.
Please enter your preferred emergency contact below. This contact information will only be used in the event of an emergency in which the volunteer is unable to provide similar information to a healthcare provider overseeing their treatment.
In submitting this application for volunteering with Carle, I understand that an investigation may be made whereby information is obtained regarding my character, previous employment, general reputation, education and/or criminal history.
In consideration of review by The Carle Foundation, Subsidiaries and Affiliates, of my Volunteer Application and consideration of me for this program, I agree as follows:
1. I understand that pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act and other laws, I may request a reasonable accommodation in completing this Application and interview process. Contact Volunteer Services staff to request an accommodation.
2. I understand and agree that all information furnished in this application may be investigated by The Carle Foundation, Subsidiaries and Affiliates or its authorized representatives. I waive any right I may have to notice from any individuals or organizations named or referred to in this application prior to the release of any information to The Carle Foundation, Subsidiaries and Affiliates. I hereby authorize all individuals in organizations named or referred to in this application and any law enforcement organization to give The Carle Foundation, Subsidiaries and Affiliates all information that relates to or is requested during an investigation, and I hereby release those individuals, organizations and The Carle Foundation, Subsidiaries and Affiliates from any and all liability for any claim or damage resulting therefrom.
3. If offered a volunteer role, I understand that such offer may be contingent on passing a medical examination, the purpose of which is to determine my ability to perform the essential functions of my volunteer role. I authorize The Carle Foundation and its Subsidiaries and Affiliates to conduct an investigation as to my medical history and I authorize any medical institution to release any medical information including, but not limited to, medical records which may be necessary to determine my ability to perform the essential functions of my volunteer role.
4. I understand that The Carle Foundation, Subsidiaries and Affiliates are not obligated to provide acceptance into this program and that I am not obligated to accept a volunteer position. Nothing in this application, or in any prior or subsequent oral or written statement or communication, is intended to create any contract of employment or to create any rights in the nature of a contract. This application does not bind either party for a specific period of time regarding a volunteer position. If accepted, I understand that nothing shall restrict my right as a volunteer or the right of The Carle Foundation, Subsidiaries of Affiliates to terminate my position as a volunteer at any time for any reason.
5. I understand that, if accepted, I am required to abide by all the rules and regulations of The Carle Foundation, Subsidiaries and Affiliates and to comply with all the policies and procedures in the employee handbook, volunteer manual, any policy or procedure manual, or other communications to volunteers. I further understand that policies and procedures of The Carle Foundation and all subsidiaries and affiliates and all employment terms and conditions are subject to modifications without notice.
6. The information contained in this application is accurate and complete to the best of my knowledge and belief.
Checking this box below shall have the same force and effect as my written signature.