While volunteering at the Phoenix Zoo, I WILL:
- Represent myself with professionalism, dignity and pride and be responsible for conducting myself with courtesy and appropriate behavior.
- Follow through and complete accepted tasks.
- Remain in my assigned area.
- Stay on designated paths unless otherwise specified by my staff contact.
- Avoid situations where I am alone with children and/or youth.
- Report suspected violations of these terms to the Zoo volunteer contact immediately.
While volunteering at the Phoenix Zoo, I WILL NOT:
- Smoke or use tobacco products on Zoo grounds.
- Use, possess or be under the influence of alcohol at any time while volunteering.
- Use, possess or be under the influence of illegal drugs at any time.
- Touch any guests.
- Be alone at any time with a child. If this occurs I will immediately inform the Zoo volunteer contact.
- Discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, martial status, disability, or sexual orientation.
- Use any discipline that frightens or humiliates any guests.
- Use profanity in the presence of guests.
- Bring children or other non-volunteers with me to my shift (each guest must purchase a Zoo ticket).
VOLUNTEER WAIVER & RELEASE
The Phoenix Zoo is committed to conducting its programs and activities in a safe manner and holds the safety of volunteers in high regard. The Zoo continually strives to reduce such risks and asks that all volunteers follow safety rules and instructions that are designed to protect the volunteer’s safety. However, volunteers must recognize that there is an inherent risk of injury when choosing to volunteer for any activity or program. Please recognize that the Zoo carries only limited medical accident coverage for volunteers; therefore, it is strongly urged that all volunteers review their own health insurance policy for coverage. Additionally, each volunteer is solely responsible for determining if he/she is physically fit and/or properly skilled for any volunteer activity. It is always advisable, especially if the volunteer is pregnant, disabled in any way or recently suffered an illness, injury or impairment, to consult a physician before undertaking any physical activity.
WARNING OF RISK
Despite careful and proper preparation, instruction, medical advice, conditioning and equipment, there is still a risk of serious injury when providing volunteer services. Understandably, not all hazards and dangers can be foreseen. Volunteers must understand that depending upon the volunteer services, certain risks, dangers and injuries due to acts of God, inclement weather, slip and falls, inadequate or defective equipment, failure in supervision or instruction, premises defects, horseplay, carelessness, lack of skill or technique and all other circumstances inherent to the particular volunteer services exist. In this regard, it must be recognized that it is impossible for the Zoo to guarantee absolute safety.
WAIVER AND RELEASE OF ALL CLAIMS AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK
Please read this form carefully and be aware that in consideration for providing volunteer services, you will be expressly assuming the risk and legal liability and waiving and releasing all claims for injuries, damages or loss which you may sustain as a result of participating in any and all activities connected with and associated with your volunteer services (including transportation services/vehicle operations, when provided). As a volunteer, I recognize and acknowledge that there are certain risks of physical injury to volunteers in this program/activity and I voluntarily agree to assume the full risk of any and all injuries, damages or loss, regardless of severity, that I may sustain as a result of my volunteer services. I further agree to waive and relinquish all claims I may have (or accrue to me) as a result of my volunteer services against the Phoenix Zoo, including its offi cers, offi cials, agents, volunteers and employees (hereinafter collectively referred as “Parties”). In addition, I recognize that a loss to personal property could occur due to theft, damage (willful or otherwise), fi re, water damage or many other man-made or natural causes and occurrences, and that the Parties are in no way responsible for lost, missing, stolen or damaged items.
I do hereby fully release and forever discharge the Parties from any and all claims for injuries, damages or loss that I may have or which may accrue to me and arising out of, connected with, or in any way associated with my volunteer services. I have read and fully understand the above important information, warning of risk, assumption of risk and waiver and release of all claims.
Selecting "I Agree" and submitting this digital form shall substitute for and have the same legal effect as an original form signature.