Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Community Action Partnership of SLO County, inc. The information on this form will help us to find the best opportunity for you. Once you complete the form, click the submit button at the bottom.
Note: If you require court ordered service hours, infractions related to theft, drugs, alcohol or violence will disqualify you from serving with us. We will require a copy of the original citation.
Please also let us know if you have previously participated in CAPSLO programs below.
Some sites require volunteers to be over 18. Please indicate your date of birth so we can determine a site for you.
Let us know what programs you are most interested in and what skills you would like to contribute.
Please indicate the days and times you are usually available to volunteer.
Please look below to see the current volunteer positions available and their descriptions.
If applicable, please indicate any organizations you are affiliated with through volunteering, clubs, or employment, i.e., Bank of America, Wells Fargo, etc.
Volunteer Agreement and Release of Liability
1) I agree to work for the Community Action Partnership of San Luis Obispo County, Inc. as a volunteer, and I acknowledge my work/service does not make me an employee. As a volunteer, I understand that I will not be compensated for any time spent volunteering, nor am I entitled to benefits, including employment insurance benefits as a result of this service or upon the termination of this agreement.
2) I understand that any false information, omission or misrepresentation of facts provided in/with this application, whether on this document or not, may result in the rejection of my application or the termination of this agreement.
Authorization to Verify Information:
3) I authorize the company and/or its agents, including consumer-reporting bureaus, to verify any of this information. I authorize all former employers, persons, schools, companies and law enforcement authorities to release any information concerning my background and hereby release any said persons, schools, companies and law enforcement authorities from any liability for issuing this information.
4) I also understand that the use of illegal drugs and alcohol at any CAPSLO site is strictly prohibited.
5) I agree that CAPSLO may use my image for online or print publication.
6) I am aware that participation as a volunteer may require periods of standing, lifting and carrying up to 40 pounds and will require the exercise of reasonable care to avoid injury. I am voluntarily participating in this activity with knowledge of the hazards and potential dangers involved, and agree to accept any and all risks of personal injury and property damage.
7) I UNDERSTAND THAT IF I AM INJURED in the course of volunteering I authorize Community Action Partnership of San Luis Obispo County, Inc. to seek emergency medical treatment on my behalf in case of injury, accident or illness to me arising from my involvement as a volunteer.
8) I understand that the materials and tools provided by Community Action Partnership of San Luis Obispo County, Inc. are to remain on the property of Community Action Partnership of San Luis Obispo County, Inc., and I agree to return these tools and any remaining materials to Community Action Partnership of San Luis Obispo County, Inc. at the end of my volunteer service.
1) All information regarding clients is strictly confidential, including the fact that they are a client. All personal information is to be held in the strictest of confidence at all times during and after my service as a volunteer.
2) Do not engage or make the first contact if you meet a client on the street that recognizes you. Be friendly and courteous if they approach you, but don’t feel obligated to do anything for them. If they are in need of assistance, refer them back to CAPSLO for services. Also, do not draw attention to the fact that they may be a client when others are present.
1) Do not give loans or gifts of money to clients, regardless of amount or term of loan.
2) No business arrangements of any kind with clients.
3) Do NOT give out your (or other client/volunteer/staff) phone numbers or addresses. All staff, volunteer and client information must be kept confidential. This is crucial for privacy and safety.
4) Clients are not allowed to visit your home.
5) Do not ever give rides to clients.
6) Do NOT ever take responsibility for clients’ children, pets, or belongings even for a short period of time.
7) Do not get personally involved with clients during the clients stay and for a minimum of six months after the clients leave services. There is a chance that our clients may end up back in services. It is best to keep a professional boundary with our clientele in or out of services.
8) There is always the possibility that you may know one of our clients from previous relationships (went to school with, knew through a friend or even related to). Be sure to notify management of prior relationships so this can be addressed with you and the client.
As consideration for providing me the opportunity to volunteer for Community Action Partnership of San Luis Obispo County, Inc., I hereby agree that, I, and my assignees, heirs, guardians, and legal representatives, will not make a claim against or sue Community Action Partnership of San Luis Obispo County, Inc. or its employees, agents or contractors for injury or damage resulting from the negligence, whether active or passive, or other acts, however caused, by any of its officers, employees, agents, or contractors of Community Action Partnership of San Luis Obispo County, Inc. as a result of my volunteering.
I hereby release and discharge Community Action Partnership of San Luis Obispo County, Inc. and its officers, employees, agents and contractors from all actions, claims, or demands that I, my heirs, guardians and legal representatives now have, or may have in the future, for injury or damage resulting from my participation.
I specifically waive the protection set forth in Civil Code §1542, which reads as follows:
“A general release does not extend to claims that the creditor or releasing party does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release and that, if known by him or her, would have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor or released party.”
I have carefully read this agreement and fully understand its contents.
I am aware that this is a complete release of liability, and agree to it of my own free will.
I (name) grant Community Action Partnership of San Luis Obispo County (CAPSLO) and its designees, the right to use my name, quotes, writings, likeness, image, voice, appearance and performance on video tape, film, slides, photographs, audio tapes, or other media, known or later developed. The undersigned further consents and authorizes CAPSLO to include, without limitation, the right to edit, mix, duplicate, enhance, use and reuse in whole or in part as CAPSLO may elect. CAPSLO and its designees shall have complete ownership of the product in which I appear, including my copyright interests and I acknowledge I have no interest or ownership in the product or copyright.
I confirm I have entered this agreement on my own free will and that CAPSLO and its designees have no financial or other obligations to me. I expressly release and indemnify CAPSLO and its officers, employees, agents and designees from any and all claims known and unknown arising out of or in any way connected with the above granted uses and representations. The rights granted CAPSLO herein are perpetual and worldwide.