I agree and understand that by submitting this application form:
- The information I have provided is true and accurate.
I agree to the following Volunteer Requirements and Waiver of Liability
• I understand and voluntarily assume the risks involved in volunteering for the Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control (DNREC) and participate as a volunteer assuming my own risk.
• I release DNREC from any liability arising out of participation as a volunteer. Additionally, I recognize that I am responsible for my actions while volunteering and waive the right to file any and all claims for compensation or damages against DNREC, and any state employee or contractor for any loss or injury sustained during the course of volunteer activities.
• I understand that as a volunteers I am not considered an employee of the State of Delaware. DNREC does not provide Worker’s Compensation or any other insurance coverage for volunteers.
• I agree to provide service as a volunteer without compensation and to adhere to DNREC rules and procedures and further agree not to attempt work that is beyond the my abilities or for which I have not been assigned, trained or authorized.
• I understand that photographs may be taken at events and give permission to DNREC to use photographs in future publications, promotional materials and exhibits.
•I certify that I have read and understand this Waiver of Liability form and that I am submitting this form because I wish to proceed as a volunteer under these terms and conditions.
If you have fever, shortness of breath, cough, nasal congestion, runny nose, sore throat, vomiting and/or diarrhea or if you have been in contact with anyone who has these symptoms – you are not able to participate in this Delaware State Parks Activity. DO NOT VOLUNTEER