Review the information below. If you are a minor, review the information with your parent/guardian. Indicate your acknowledgement by clicking the “I agree” button. Jefferson County Public Library reserves the right to decline the services of any volunteer if he or she does not perform according to the Library’s expectations.
The Library appreciates your willingness to serve and we are committed to doing the best we can to make your volunteer experience at JCPL a productive and rewarding one by:
• Providing adequate information, training, supervision and assistance for you to be able to fulfill your volunteer duties;
• Receiving suggestions from you regarding ways in which we might mutually better accomplish our respective tasks;
• Treating all with respect and as valuable partners with the library staff in accomplishing the mission and vision of the Library.
In turn, you are committing to:
• Presenting a professional public image, either in-person and/or online, and fulfilling your duties proficiently;
• Notifying library staff as soon as possible if you are unable to fulfill a specific volunteer assignment;
• Complying with established Library rules, procedures and practices;
• Performing your volunteer duties to the best of your ability, taking pride in your work, and contributing to a mutually cooperative working relationship with staff and other volunteers;
• Upholding the dignity and integrity of the Library by maintaining patron and staff confidentiality, and safeguarding your personal privacy, guaranteed under Colorado law.
• As a JCPL volunteer (and parent/guardian if you are a minor) you agree and consent to undergoing a criminal background check, mandatory for all JCPL volunteers over the age of 18 (Jefferson County Public Library collects volunteer applicants’ names, birthdates, and addresses, and works with the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) to order, prepare, report, obtain, and review background about you for volunteer purposes);
• As a JCPL volunteer (and parent/guardian if you are a minor), you agree and consent the use of your photograph (and/or your child’s photograph) in news coverage or publicity concerning the Jefferson County Public Library. You are also aware that you may refuse to be photographed by the library. We ask you to sign this consent because Colorado Statute 24-90-119, Privacy of User Records, protects your privacy in use of the library unless we have your written consent to disclose your use of the library.
• As a JCPL volunteer (and parent/guardian if you are a minor), you understand that some of your work may be carried out and shared in digital formats, including social media applications and Bibliocommons; as such, you and your parent/guardian understand and consent to the risks and potential dangers of online interactions and posting personally identifiable information online.
• As a JCPL volunteer (and parent/guardian if you are a minor), you understand that the minimum age for use of social media applications, according to their End User License Agreements is 13, and that no one under the age of 13 will be asked to engage in volunteer tasks involving social media applications.