Please complete this application form if you are interested in becoming a Fire District volunteer. Once you complete the form, click the submit button at the bottom.
*** BEFORE FILLING OUT THE INFORMATION BELOW, PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
1. Please be advised that all Fire District volunteers MUST be fingerprinted by the Rancho Cucamonga Police Department and Administrative Services AND CLEARED with the Department of Justice BEFORE BEGINNING volunteer service (no cost to volunteer).
2. The Fire District does not have volunteer fire fighter opportunities.
3. The Fire District is unable to accept COURT ORDERED VOLUNTEERS. If you are trying to fulfill Court mandated hours, please contact the Inland Valley Resource Center at (909) 623-1284(This agency is not affiliated with the City of Rancho Cucamonga).
4. Applicants interested in volunteering for the Fire District's Fire Corps program MUST be 18 years or older, with the exception of Fire Explorers who must be 15- to 21-years-old per Learning for Life (parent organization).
5. Applicants interested in volunteering for the Fire District's ReadyRC program (Large Animal Response Team, Auxiliary Communication Service, and Advanced CERT) must be age 16 or older. For Advanced CERT, proof of completion of Basic CERT training is a pre-requisite.
6. Upon Livescan (fingerprinting) clearance, all applicants must attend a mandatory orientation, including signature of acknowledgement of Fire District volunteer manual PRIOR to registering for Fire District assignments.
7. Volunteer opportunities are limited to ensure a well-balanced and efficient program that does not exceed a manageable coordinator-to-volunteer ratio.
8. To best serve the needs of the community and to help resume programming and services, the City of Rancho Cucamonga has implemented a vaccination policy for all volunteers. Effective April 13, 2021, all City volunteers will now be required to have the COVID-19 vaccination(s) to resume volunteering with the City of Rancho Cucamonga. In accordance with the City of Rancho Cucamonga's responsibility to provide and maintain a safe community, the City adopted the Pandemic City Policy for Volunteers to safeguard the health of our volunteers, employees, our customers and visitors and their families from infectious diseases that may be reduced by vaccinations.
To continue the application process, please complete the information below. Items indicated with an asterisk(*) are required. Once you complete the form, click on the "I AGREE" check box(agreeing to the Release information and Volunteer Service Agreement at the end of this document) and the "CONTINUE" button at the end of this form in order to submit your application.