Thank you for your interested in volunteering at Williamson Medical Center. Please review the requirements below, complete the application, and click the submit button when your application is complete. The fields marked with an "*" are required.
-be 14 years or older
-be willing to make a minimum commitment of one two hour shift per week with a minimum of 12 hours per month.
-complete all pre-volunteer requirements and attend a mandatory Volunteer Orientation to be scheduled upon acceptance to the volunteer program.
ALL APPLICANTS SHOULD CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING:
1. Are you involved with other organizations, hobbies, work commitments, sports, or have a changing academic schedule that might prevent you from keeping your commitment?
2. Will your schedule allow you to volunteer for three months with no more than two absences?
3. Are you available to volunteer once a week, same day and same time every week?
4. Do you have consistent transportation?
5. Are you mature, responsible, outgoing, friendly, proactive and willing to engage people as you assist them?
Volgistics Volunteer Alerts sends reminders, alerts, and custom messages from System Operators and
Coordinators. Use this section to opt-in and opt-out of text messaging (also known as "SMS"),
and initially set how you would like to receive messages. Your messages can be delivered as emails,
text messages, or none. You can change this at any time through VicNet. View supported phone carriers.
Message and Data Rates May Apply. For help or information on this program send "HELP" to 28344.
You can send "STOP" to 28344 at any time to opt out. For additional assistance, call 888-891-6978 or
Message frequency based on account settings.
Messages are not guaranteed to be delivered. All messages will be sent by email until you respond "YES"
to the welcome text message sent after the application form is submitted. Message preferences
can be changed in VicNet on the Account tab.
If you have worked in the last five years, please provide information about your employment history.
If you are currently volunteering or have volunteered for other organizations, please describe your volunteer experiences, length of service and responsibilities.
Help us learn a little more about yourself. Please identify any skills or experiences you have.
Please choose two areas that interest you.
If you are interested in volunteering with children, please tell us about your experience(s) working with children. Have you worked or volunteered with children who are/were ill? How did you maintain professional boundaries?
Please indicate the days and times you are usually available to volunteer.
Please list the name and phone number of the person you would like contacted in the event of an emergency.
Understanding that Williamson Medical Center has a valid need of my services as a volunteer:
* I will be punctual and conscientious in the fulfillment of my duties and accept supervision graciously.
* I will consider as confidential, all information which I may hear directly or indirectly concerning a patient, physician, nurse, or any other person related to the hospital. I will not seek information in regard to a patient.
* I will take any problems, criticisms, or suggestions to the Volunteer Coordinator.
* I will endeavor to make my work professional in its quality.
* I will conduct myself with dignity, courtesy and consideration.
* I will represent the Volunteer program in a positive manner by practicing service excellence, respecting all others, smiling, and using appropriate behaviors at all times.
I certify the above statements are made truthfully and realize falsification may result in dismissal. I understand that this application does not guarantee a volunteer placement.
The undersigned volunteer agrees to abide by all Williamson Medical Center rules and regulations. Permission is granted to this Medical Center to investigate references and criminal background. I release from liability or responsibility all people, places of business and municipalities supplying such information. I understand my volunteering will be subject to a satisfactory investigation report, satisfactory check of my references and the satisfactory post-medical screening, and my volunteering may be terminated by either party at will upon notice to the other.