Please read through the entire agreement below before submitting your application.
- I understand that in order to be considered as a volunteer, I must submit an $18 background check, and that payment is due at the time of submission. I also understand that my volunteering with Freedom Service Dogs is contingent upon the results of the background check, and that Freedom Service Dogs reserves the right to require an additional background check at my expense at any point during my time volunteering. My services to FSD are provided strictly in a voluntary capacity as a Volunteer, and without any express or implied promise of salary, compensation or other payment of any kind.
- My services are furnished without any employment-type benefits, including employment insurance programs, worker’s compensation accrual in any form, vacations, or sick time.
- I will familiarize myself and comply with FSD’s policies and procedures applicable to Volunteers. In particular, I fully understand that FSD expects high standards of moral and ethical treatment of the animals under its care and of the clients we serve. I will adhere strictly to these standards in my capacity as a Volunteer.
- Volunteers must not use or disclose any proprietary or confidential information, including but not limited to clients, donors, volunteers, and staff information, they obtain during their volunteer time with FSD. These obligations remain with volunteers even after their volunteer relationship ends with FSD. Failure to adhere to FSD policies regarding proprietary and confidential information will be grounds for discipline, up to and including termination as an FSD volunteer.
- I understand that FSD, without notice or hearing, may terminate my services as a Volunteer at any time, with or without reason.
- I understand that the handling of animals and other activities on behalf of FSD may place me in a hazardous situation and could result in injury to me or my personal property. On behalf of myself, and my heirs, personal representatives and assigns, I hereby release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless FSD and its directors, officers, employees and agents from any and all claims, causes of action and demands of any nature, whether known or unknown, arising out of or in connection with my Volunteer activities on behalf of FSD.
- Understanding that public relations is an important part of a Volunteer’s activities on behalf of FSD, I do hereby consent and agree that Freedom Service Dogs, Inc., its employees, volunteers, or agents have the right take photographs, videotape, sound recordings, or digital recordings of me while I am working on Freedom’s behalf and to use these in any and all media for the purpose of promoting the mission of Freedom Service Dogs. I do hereby release to Freedom Service Dogs, Inc., its agents, and employees all rights to exhibit this work in print and electronic form publicly or privately. I waive any rights, claims, or interest I may have to copyright or control the use of my identity or likeness in whatever media used. Any right to inspect, approve, or disapprove any such pictures or recordings is hereby waived by the undersigned. I understand that there will be no financial or other compensation for photographing or recording me. I release Freedom Service Dogs, Inc. and its legal representatives from any legal responsibility related to the photograph or video in which I am included.
The current worldwide Coronavirus pandemic (“Covid-19”) is continuing to have a dramatic and unprecedented impact on the world, including Freedom Service Dogs (“FSD”). Due to the novel nature of the disease, information related to the COVID-19 situation is continuously developing and changing.
Based on the Center for Disease Control’s (“CDC’s”) guidelines, COVID-19 can be spread through person- to-person contact and contact with contaminated surfaces or objects. Additionally, data suggests that many confirmed COVID-19 cases may have moderate to no symptoms but still be highly contagious.
The Center for Disease Control ("CDC") can scientifically back the effectiveness of the vaccines and their ability to help limit the risk of getting and spreading the virus that causes COVID-19. However, in addition to the original strand of the virus, there are now cases of COVID-19 variants that are less predictable, and the efficacy of the vaccinations in relation to these variants is currently unknown.
The inherent nature of volunteering at FSD may require contact with people or contact with surfaces or objects that were previously contacted by someone else. These “contacts” may mean a higher risk of contracting COVID-19. Additionally, people that fall into an “at-risk” category, such as having certain pre- existing conditions or advanced age, have a significantly higher risk of serious illness caused by COVID-19.
FSD has put into place preventative measures recommended by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and Colorado Tri-County Health Department to reduce the spread of COVID-19; however, we cannot guarantee that you or your family will not become infected with COVID-19.
As a volunteer at FSD, I agree to adhere to the following safety measures to do my part in preventing the spread of COVID-19:
- If I am NOT fully vaccinated, I will wear a face mask at all times when volunteering at FSD.
- To stay home if I am experiencing any symptoms related to COVID-19.
- To frequently wash my hands.
- To frequently utilize hand sanitizer located throughout the FSD facility.
- To maintain a social distance of 6' between individuals whenever possible.
- To leave the facility or public training space immediately if I begin to experience any symptoms related to COVID-19.
By signing this agreement, I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that I and my family may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 while volunteering at FSD and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and/or death. I understand the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-10 at FSD may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to FSD employees, volunteers and clients and their families.
I voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury to me or my family (including but not limited to personal injury, disability, and death), illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind, that I or my family may experience or incur in connection with my or my family’s volunteer work at FSD (“Claims”).
On my behalf and on behalf of my family, I hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless FSD, its employees, volunteers, agents and representatives, of and from the Claims, including all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto. I understand and agree that this release includes any Claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of FSD staff, volunteers, agents and representatives, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during and after volunteering at FSD.
Additionally, I acknowledge the risks of being exposed to COVID-19 while volunteering at Freedom Service Dogs, which could include serious illness or death. I am choosing of my own free will to volunteer at FSD. I hereby release and forever discharge FSD, its representatives, officers, agents, and employees of and from all actions, claims or demands for injuries, damages or loss resulting from my volunteering at FSD.
By checking the box below, I acknowledge that I have read this document in its entirety and fully understand the information presented.
I represent either I am at least 18 years of age; I have read and understand the foregoing statement; and I am competent to execute this agreement.