Join our team of hospice volunteers to provide comfort and support.
Hospice recognizes the importance of companionship at the end-of-life, that’s why it provides non-paid professional volunteers to support patients and their families during this delicate time.
Each volunteer experience is unique; however there are general areas in which services may be provided:
• One-to-one companionship with patients
• Respite support or a short break for caregivers
• Physical presence during the final days and hours of life
• Veteran pinning ceremonies
• Pet therapy visits by a registered Pet Partners team
• Bereavement phone calls to loved ones
Time Commitment and Location
• Volunteers serve in areas of the metro that are most convenient to them
• 1-4 hours per week for at least 6 months
• Volunteers create their own schedule based on a time that works best for the patient and family
• At any time, volunteers may request a leave of absence
The journey to working with terminally ill patients and their family members in their own home requires careful preparation. That is why we have an extensive online training program designed to prepare you for the experiences ahead. The convenience of online learning allows you to access the information anytime, anywhere, and to work at your own pace.
In addition, volunteers:
• Complete a criminal background check
• Are screened for Tuberculosis
Is Hospice Right for You?
As a volunteer you will be invited into the lives of patients and their families at a very delicate and meaningful time. Serving others at the end-of-life is one of the most profound gifts one can provide.
• Are you at least 18 years old?
• Do you enjoy being around people?
• Are you comfortable with death and dying?
• Are you a good listener?
• Do you have a high commitment to volunteering?
• Are you comfortable completing training online?
• Do you have internet access?
If you answered yes to these questions, then we would love to hear from you! Please complete the application form and click the "continue" button at the bottom of the page to submit. Once we receive your application, we will contact you with more information. Thanks so much!