Group Application Form
Please complete this application form if you are interested in volunteering with a group at Hope Mission. Once you complete the form, click the submit button at the bottom.
Name and address
Number of Members:
If your group will serve more than once, you will usually send...
The same volunteers each time
Different volunteers each time
Date of birth (dd/mm/year):
Is there anyone under 18 in your group?:
Online Database Setup
Please enter a password that:
Is between 6 and 30 characters long
Please indicate the days and times you are usually available to volunteer.
Any further information you would like us to consider?
Volunteers are an integral part of our meal service, and we depend on having everyone who is scheduled. If you or your group are going to be late, will be bringing less people than originally agreed upon, or you are unable to come to your shift, we require at least two business days notice.
Groups are not required to contribute to the cost of the meal, but we do offer meal sponsorship options for those who are interested in contributing financially. If your group would like to sponsor the meal, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
We like to keep volunteers informed of important news, schedules, and volunteer opportunities by email, however will not send you any email you prefer not to receive. Use the checkboxes below to select the kinds of email you would like to receive from us.
What kinds of email would you like to receive?
Opt-in to receive Hope Mission's newsletter which provides updates on special events, volunteers, current needs and more!
These emails will notify you when volunteer spots open up which match your availability and preferences.
Rules and Safety Agreement
I agree and acknowledge that:
1. I am aware and familiar with the fact that Hope Mission is a homeless shelter and soup kitchen in the inner city of Edmonton.
2. I freely and voluntarily assume any risks and hazard inherent in the nature of volunteering at Hope Mission and accordingly my participation shall be entirely at my own risk. I am aware I must have WHMIS certification if I am mixing chemicals while on site.
3. I waive any claim I may have against Hope Mission arising from my volunteerism, and agree to indemnify and save harmless Hope Mission from any claim, including any claim for medical service arising from my participation in volunteering.
4. Hope Mission may secure such medical advice and services as it, in its sole discretion, may deem necessary for my health and safety and I shall be financially responsible for such advice and services.
5. The release, waiver of claim, and assumption of risk is binding on myself, my heirs, my executors, administrators, personal representatives, parents / guardians, and assignees.
6. I also release Hope Mission from any and all liability resulting from my verbal testimony given of my own free will.
7. I understand that Hope Mission is a Christian social organization, and that agreeing with this document does not indicate belief in the Hope Mission statement of faith or values, but rather that I agree to respect and not detract from them during my service as a volunteer.
Rules & Safety
I will abide by Hope Mission's rules and regulations:
(a) I will not give out any unnecessary personal information about myself (including last name, phone number, address, etc.)
(b) I will not accept or offer gifts (including loaning money or offering a ride).
(c) I will not go into an isolated area of the Hope Mission building or property by myself or with a Hope Mission client. I will make sure there is always another volunteer or staff member present.
(d) I will not enter into a dating, sexual, or otherwise inappropriate relationship with a Hope Mission client.
(e) I will be very cautious regarding physical touch with Hope Mission clients and will not engage in any kind of touch (hugging, arm around the shoulder, etc) unless I've ensured that both parties are comfortable with this.
(f) I will not get involved if there is a crisis situation at Hope Mission, but will alert staff and step back to a safe distance.
(g) I will dress appropriately and modestly while I am volunteering at Hope Mission, and will abide by the dress code (no open toed shoes, tank tops, low cut shirts, shorts or skirts, or clothing with profanity or inappropriate graphics).
(h) I understand that Hope Mission is not responsible for any personal belongings, and I will leave all of my valuables at home or, if necessary, in my vehicle.
(i) I will not use derogatory or profane language in Hope Mission at any time.
(j) I will not disclose any information I learn while at Hope Mission, including the identity of community members. I will not take photos without permission or share stories with the media unless arranged by Hope Mission and with full permission of the individuals involved.
(k) I understand that I am expected to arrive on time and stay for the full length of my shift, as the rest of the team is relying on my participation. If I can t make my shift for whatever reason, I understand that I am expected to email or phone the volunteer coordinator or department supervisor with as much notice as possible.
(l) I will not use a cellphone while volunteering unless it is for emergency purposes.
Return to Volunteer Services