THIS FOSTER AGREEMENT is made between the Cheyenne Animal Shelter, whose purpose is to protect animals ("Cheyenne Animal Shelter"), and the individual/s whose signature/s appears below. The foster parent agrees to all of the conditions set forth below.
***If an emergency occurs after normal business hours, the foster parent can contact the shelter emergency line at 307-271-5964 for veterinary emergencies.*****
1) All foster animals shall be provided with proper food, freshwater, and proper shelter. The foster animal will be housed indoors, and in no situation will be left outside unleashed, on a chain, in a dog house, or on a porch. The animal will be treated humanely by all members of the foster household.
2) The foster parent will not dispose of the animal in any way. The foster parent cannot give the animal away to another agency or person, and will not abandon the animal in any way.
3) The foster parent agrees that in the event that he/she is unable or unwilling to continue to care for the Animal, the animal will be promptly returned to the Cheyenne Animal Shelter.
4) The foster parent agrees that all adopted dogs, cats, and rabbits be neutered. The foster parent agrees NOT to use this animal for any type of breeding purpose.
5) If a representative of the Cheyenne Animal Shelter determines that the animal is not being cared for properly by the foster parent, the Cheyenne Animal Shelter has the right to take possession of the animal and cancel this agreement. The foster parent agrees to allow the Cheyenne Animal Shelter to have access to his/her premises at reasonable hours to allow inspections. The foster parent also consents to allow the Cheyenne Animal Shelter to have access to his/her premises to take possession of the animal if this action is deemed appropriate by the Cheyenne Animal Shelter and further agrees that no court proceedings will be required to obtain possession of the animal. The foster parent understands the below-referenced animal/s remains the property of the Cheyenne Animal Shelter.
6) If the foster parent expresses an interest in adopting the animal being fostered, the foster parent agrees to complete the adoption application and return the animal for all necessary procedures. The foster parent understands that the Cheyenne Animal Shelter has the right to refuse any adoption for any reason. The foster will still be required to pay full adoption fees for the animal they are fostering to adopt.
7) The foster parent accepts any/all liability for any damage caused by this animal while it is under his/her care. The foster parent agrees to return any equipment that is the property of the Cheyenne Animal Shelter and identified below as being borrowed by the foster parent for use in the care of the animal/s being fostered.
8) All additional expenses incurred during the animal’s foster term must be pre-approved by a shelter representative (the Foster Coordinator, Shelter Managers, or Medical Director) in writing to receive reimbursement. If the foster parent does not seek prior approval, the foster parent accepts financial responsibility for these additional costs. If an emergency occurs after normal business hours, the foster parent can contact the shelter emergency line at 307-271-5964 for veterinary emergencies.
*Please read carefully before signing the authorization *
In considering you for volunteering or employment, Cheyenne Animal Shelter (“CAS”) may request and rely on one or more consumer reports or investigative consumer reports about you that we obtain from a consumer reporting agency, such as IntelliCorp Records, Inc.
Retaliation is prohibited:
CAS prohibits taking negative action against any associate for reporting a possible deviation from this policy or for cooperating in an investigation. Any associate who retaliates against another associate for reporting a possible deviation from this policy or for cooperating in an investigation will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination.
In regards to foster photography for CAS: All photographs and/or motion picture or videotape and/or audio recordings taken while at CAS, any CAS property, or any CAS event, may be used by CAS, its assignees, or successors, in whatever way they desire, including television, print, and electronic media. Such photographs, films, files, recordings, plates, and tapes are the property of CAS and they shall have the right to duplicate, reproduce, and make other uses of such materials as they desire free and clear of any claim.
Fosters should not speak to the media on behalf of CAS without contacting the Marketing Coordinator or CEO. All media inquiries should be directed to them.
Cheyenne Animal Shelter Waiver and Release
My services to the Cheyenne Animal Shelter (CAS) are provided strictly in a volunteer capacity, and without any express or implied promise of salary, compensation or other payment of any kind whatsoever. My services are furnished without any employment-type benefits, including employment insurance programs, workers compensation accrual of any form, vacations or sick time.
I fully understand that CAS expects high standards of moral and ethical treatment of animals under its care. I will strictly adhere to these standards in my capacity as a volunteer. I will follow the policies, procedures and safety precautions of CAS, and follow the instructions/directions of the CAS staff. I understand that CAS, without notice, may terminate my services as a volunteer at any time, with or without reason.
I understand the potential safety risks of working with animals and of bringing home illnesses from the shelter to personal pets. I will practice reasonable health hygiene and adhere to the hygiene policies of CAS. I understand that the handling of animals as well as other CAS volunteer activities may place me in a hazardous situation and could result in injury to me and/or my personal property.
On behalf of myself, my heirs, personal representatives and assigns, I hereby release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Cheyenne Animal Shelter and its directors, officers, employees and agents from any and all claims, causes of actions and demands of any nature, whether known or unknown, arising out of or in connection with my Foster/Volunteer activities on behalf of CAS.
I authorize investigation of all statements contained herein and the reference and employers listed above to give you any and all information concerning my previous employment and pertinent information they may have, personal or otherwise, and release the company of all liability for any damage that may result from utilization of such information.
Receipt and Acknowledgment:
I acknowledge that I have reviewed the above Foster Guidelines and have familiarized myself with the information in this waiver and release, and will observe the policies and procedures set forth.
The Cheyenne Animal Shelter is an Equal Opportunity Employer and fully supports and maintains compliance will state, federal, and local regulations. The Cheyenne Animal Shelter prohibits discrimination against employees or volunteer applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, pregnancy, disability, marital status, or other characteristics protected by law. A violation of this policy by an employee is subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination.