Thank you for your interest in the 2022 Augusta University Summer VolunJag program. Through this one-of-a-kind program, students are shaped to be premier healthcare professionals through hands-on experiences. We prepare our VolunJags to seize every opportunity by giving them a firsthand look into our medical center and serving side-by-side our medical staff.
This is only the first step in the application process. Once you submit this form, you will receive a confirmation email with additional steps. Please note your application is only complete when all required items are submitted.
Completed applications must be submitted as directed. Applications submitted via email, fax or taken to any Augusta University department will NOT be considered for the Summer VolunJag program.
REQUIREMENTS FOR 2022 SUMMER VOLUNJAG PROGRAM
1. GPA: Each student is required to have a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
2. Complete Application Submission: Applicant must meet all requirements and submit all documents required. Partial submissions will not be considered.
3. Interviews: Interview will be conducted by Volunteer Services after the application deadline. Volunteer Service’s office will contact each qualified applicant to schedule interviews.
4. Orientation: All VolunJags are required to successfully complete orientation and all necessary forms.
5. Commitment: Summer VolunJags are required to serve one day a week for a minimum four hour shift. The first week of the program, includes required training and mandatory of all summer participants. Please take this into consideration when planning summer camps and vacations. VolunJags are allowed to miss no more than two days of the program.
The 2022 Summer VolunJag Program runs from June 6, 2022 until July 15, 2022. Please mark your calendar for these required event dates:
• Summer Program Orientation: May 18, 2022
• Summer Program Kick-Off: June 6 – 10, 2022
• Lunch & Learn Sessions: June 8, 15, 22, 29
• Summer Program Finale: July 13, 2022
6. Participation Fee: AU VolunJag Summer program has a participation fee of $60.00. This expense supports program expenses and lunches. Total amount is due at orientation on Wednesday, May 18th. The fee does not include the uniform cost of $10.00 per shirt. Only cash and/or money orders will be accepted.
7. Lunch & Learn Sessions: VolunJag are encouraged to participate in dream development sessions. Sessions are Wednesdays from 12:00 PM to 2:00 PM. Due to sessions being in sequence, you must commit to attend all sessions in their entirety. If you miss one session, you will be removed from all sessions thereafter.
VolunJags who are Augusta Unviersity students and attend all sessions will qualify to apply for the VolunJag Board. These college students serve AU and the community year-round. This is an elite team of VolunJags who have demonstrated leadership and determination.
8. Tuberculosis tests and Immunizations: All applicants selected into the program will be required to have a Tuberculosis (TB) test submitted at orientation on Wednesday, May 18th. TB test will need to be acquired from their pediatrician, family physician or local Health Department. Results and process must be clearly stated on results.
9. COVID-19 Waiver: Current federal regulations do not require that AU Health Volunteers receive the COVID-19 vaccination. Please note that this may be subject to change in the future, and we will comply with all federal regulations for the safety of our AU Health System volunteers and employees. All participants are still required to complete the COVID-19 waiver and submit it along with any COVID-19 vaccination documents at orientation on Wednesday, May 18th.
10. Uniform: Designated VolunJag uniforms with our logo are supplied through Volunteer Services. VolunJags are required to purchase uniform shirt(s) for a fee of $10.00 per shirt. Uniform is expected to be kept clean and neat. The official T-shirt is to be worn with khaki slacks or skirts (below the knee), with clean closed-toe athletic shoes and VolunJag badge. Payments will only be accepted the form of cash or money order. Shirt payment will be collected at orientation on Wednesday, May 18th .
11. Badges: VolunJags will receive their badge during orientation. Any VolunJag reporting to duty without their badge will not be permitted to remain on campus. Lost badges must be reported to the Office of Volunteer Services and Engagement immediately. Badge replacement fee is $20.00. All badges must be returned at the conclusion of the 2022 summer