Please complete this application form if you are interested in becoming an Education Programs Assistant volunteer. Once you complete the form, click the "Continue" button at the bottom.
Job Description: Education Program Assistants serve as education ambassadors by assisting with on and off-campus programming including field trips, homeschool workshops, virtual field trips, public programs, outreaches, scheduled amphitheater talks, auditorium shows, birthday parties, and more. Trained Education Program Assistants that exhibit willingness and ability to successfully lead such programs will have the opportunity to serve as a main facilitator if desired.
Responsibilities: Education Program Assistants are expected to greet program groups and assist EDU staff with program activities including program setup, facilitation, and break down. Each volunteer will be assigned to programs for each shift (preference and training taken into account).
You may optionally provide the following information. It is used only to help us get a better idea of the demographic make-up of our volunteers.
NOTE: The password you enter below will be the password you use to access your volunteer account to view your schedule and hours in the future. Your email will be your username.
Morning Shift Times: 9:30am-1:30pm
Afternoon Shift Times: 1:00pm-5:00pm
*Volunteer shifts are scheduled on the same days and times weekly, i.e. Tuesday mornings, Thursday afternoons, etc.
Please note allowing consent to electronic newsletters and schedule reminders are essential to receiving updates on the status of your application following submission, and monthly reminders of scheduling each month if selected. We like to keep active volunteers informed of important news, schedules, call for help shifts, and volunteer opportunities by electronic newsletters as well. Please know these emails have critical information if you'd like to stay informed, however, we will not send you any email you prefer not to receive. Use the checkboxes below to select the kinds of email you would like to receive from us.
Please check this box. This will allow you to be notified about interviews, new volunteer orientations and when LMC is closed for the holidays. This is the only way to keep you informed.
*Please answer all questions in box below.*
1. Do you need community service hours? If so, how many hours do you need and what are they needed for? *Please note we no longer accept court-mandated community service applicants.
2. What attracted you to volunteering at Loggerhead Marinelife Center?
3. Do you have any previous volunteer experience?
4. Are you a seasonal volunteer? If so, what months are you in Florida?
1. Do you have any previous experience or training in Education, such as teaching (formal or informal), docent experience, or public speaking? (Please list if applicable)
2. Are you interested in participating in outreach events such as Manatee Fest, Sea Turtle Day at Gumbo Limbo Nature Center, Tortuga Music Festival, Palm Beach County Natural Areas Festival, and more? Outreach events consist of helping with set up/take down of booth and materials, interacting with public, and helping educate in many different settings.
3. On a scale of 1-10, with 10 being most comfortable, how comfortable are you speaking in front of a large audience?
4. On a scale of 1 – 10, with 10 being most comfortable, what is your comfort level when it comes to facilitating programs or engaging with all ages, children to adults?
Why would you make an excellent candidate for this volunteer position?