I grant Forsyth Humane Society the right and permission to use photographs of myself, motion pictures, recordings, or any other record of my volunteer time for legitimate purpose benefitting Forsyth Humane Society.
I hereby release and discharge Forsyth Humane Society from any and all claims, actions, and demands arising out of or in connection with the use of any of the above, including, without limitation, and all claims for invasion of privacy and libel.
As an agency that houses homeless animals, FHS often does not have a medical history of the animals that volunteers come into contact with. While some training is provided, a certain amount of risk is always involved, especially with unpredictable animals. FHS strongly recommends that all volunteers have current tetanus vaccinations.
In consideration of this opportunity to volunteer at FHS, I agree to the following terms and conditions, intending to be legally bound by them:
1. I assume the risk of being bitten, scratched, or injured in connection with my FHS volunteer work. FHS is not liable to me or my guardian for any injuries, damages, liabilities, losses, judgments, costs or expenses whatsoever, which I might suffer or sustain in connection with my FHS volunteer activities, unless they are the result of the gross negligence or intentional misconduct of FHS. I will indemnify, defend, and hold FHS harmless from and against any claims, lawsuits, injuries, damages, losses, costs or expenses whatsoever, sustained by any animal or person in connection with my intentional misconduct or grossly negligent performance of my volunteer activities, or my breach of FHS rules, regulations, policies, and programs.
2. I will abide with the mission, rules, regulations, policies, and programs of FHS.
3. If I discontinue being a volunteer, or upon request by FHS, I will promptly return all FHS supplies, equipment, records, animals, moneys, and other items in good, clean condition.
4. I understand that FHS may refuse or cancel volunteer applications for any reason.
5. I have accurately and truthfully completed this Volunteer Application and Agreement.
CODE OF CONDUCT
In an effort to provide the highest quality of service to our community and animals, ensure safety to our staff and volunteers, and be confident at all times that we are effectively carrying out our mission, all volunteers must adhere to the following general policies and guidelines while in the service of Forsyth Humane Society. As a FHS volunteer, I agree to:
1. Always treat FHS animals, staff, other volunteers, and customers with respect. I will always speak politely to others, and will never hit or harm an animal or handle them in a rough, unkind manner.
2. Provide excellent customer service on behalf of FHS by assisting all guests that come into the facility and attend community events as well as greet the public as they enter the facility and be ready to assist them as needed.
3. Abide by the dress code to ensure all guests can identify staff and volunteers.
4. Never report to work or represent FHS in an official capacity under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
5. Falsify any FHS records, including but not limited to volunteer applications or other personal information is prohibited.
6. Report all changes in address, telephone number, emergency notification data, and any other pertinent data.
7. Maintain an attitude of respect, loyalty, patience, integrity, and courtesy.
8. Report on time for my designated shifts. Excessive absenteeism and/or tardiness without prior notification of the volunteer coordinator may result in FHS exercising its right to dismiss/relieve a volunteer of his or her position with FHS.
9. Refrain from using my cell phone during a shift, except for in the case of an emergency or when using it to video or photograph animals.
10. Be committed to my volunteer role at FHS.