Please complete this application form if you are interested in becoming a Guest Services volunteer. Once you complete the form, click the "Continue" button at the bottom.
Guest Services – Our Greeters are the first impression of Loggerhead Marinelife Center to our visitors. Greeters welcome guests, provide information and answer questions to enhance the LMC visitor experience. Our greeters also cycle through our front desk and Wayfinding Station near the Marinelife Gallery. If you are an outgoing individual with a passion for ocean conservation, you are a perfect fit for guest services at LMC! Please note this position can switch from an air-conditioned indoor area at the greeter desk and Wayfinding Station, to outdoor in cycles during shift.
You may optionally provide the following information. It is used only to help us get a better idea of the demographic make-up of our volunteers.
NOTE: The password you enter below will be the password you use to access your volunteer account to view your schedule and hours in the future. Your email will be your username.
Morning Shift Times: 9:30am-1:30pm
Afternoon Shift Times: 1:00pm-5:00pm
*Volunteer shifts are scheduled on the same days and times weekly, i.e. Tuesday mornings, Thursday afternoons, etc.
Please note allowing consent to electronic newsletters and schedule reminders are essential to receiving updates on the status of your application following submission, and monthly reminders of scheduling each month if selected. We like to keep active volunteers informed of important news, schedules, call for help shifts, and volunteer opportunities by electronic newsletters as well. Please know these emails have critical information if you'd like to stay informed, however, we will not send you any email you prefer not to receive. Use the checkboxes below to select the kinds of email you would like to receive from us.
*Please answer all questions in box below.*
1. Do you need community service hours? If so, how many hours do you need and what are they needed for? *Please note we no longer accept court-mandated community service applicants.
2. What attracted you to volunteering at Loggerhead Marinelife Center?
3. Do you have any previous volunteer experience?
4. Are you a seasonal volunteer? If so, what months are you in Florida?
5. DUAL DEPARTMENT: Some volunteers pick up a second shift in another department in addition to their initially assigned department. Is there another department you would like to volunteer in alongside Guest Services? If so, which one?
1. Do you have any prior experience with customer service? If yes, in what setting?
2. Are you willing to be outside and indoors?
3. Are you comfortable counting and handling money?
4. Are you fluent in any other languages (including ASL)? If so, which languages?
Why would you make an excellent candidate for this volunteer position?