Please read and understand the following agreement thoroughly before clicking "I Agree."
Volunteer desires to provide gratuitous services to Tree House and Tree House desires to accept gratuitous services of Volunteer.
In consideration of the premises and mutual covenants contained herein, and other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which are hereby acknowledged, Volunteer agrees and acknowledges as follows:
1. I wish to volunteer my services to Tree House. No one has demanded that I perform any services for Tree House or participate in any activity connected to Tree House.
2. I understand that I will be participating in activities that will include constant or intermittent interaction with animals, both healthy and sick, socialized and feral. I understand that animals can be unpredictable and that certain risks are involved in working with animals, including but not limited to being bitten, scratched, tripped, and exposed to agents that may cause or aggravate allergies or disease in and to me.
3. I understand that in the course of performing services for Tree House I may lift, carry, or move animals or objects, or otherwise engage in physical labor. I understand that I may be exposed to physical and chemical hazards inherent to animal care activities. I also understand that in the course of performing services for Tree House I may be exposed to animals that are diseased, suffering, or in pain, or persons having views about animals that may differ from my own. I will disclose any relevant physical or psychological limitations I may have to the Tree House staff before participating in any activity, and I will not exceed my limitations.
4. I agree to conduct myself in a safe, lawful, and nondisruptive manner while participating in activities of and for Tree House. I have read and will obey all Tree House rules, regulations, policies, and procedures relevant to my activities. I acknowledge that Tree House has the right to revoke my volunteer privileges if any of these rules, regulations, policies, and procedures are not followed. I further acknowledge that Tree House has the right to choose where and how it will use my services in its sole discretion and may choose to refuse my services at any time for any or no reason.
5. I understand that I will not be compensated for my efforts or services on behalf of Tree House or animals. I understand that Tree House is a not-for-profit organization and appreciates the assistance of volunteers like me who are willing to perform varied tasks for free.
6. I will be legally and financially responsible for, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless Tree House, its agents, successors, and assigns from, my own acts and omissions in connection with, arising out of, or relating to the services I provide to Tree House and my participating in Tree House activities.
7. In exchange for the privilege of participating in the activities of Tree House, I agree that neither I nor my family, nor my legal guardian, heir, or assignee, will sue or make a claim against Tree House for any damage, injury, or death resulting from any act or omission by me or by Tree House, or by a Tree House employee, agent, animal, or volunteer; whether it occurs by act of negligence or any other omission or act by human, by physical condition of property, or by animal. I UNDERSTAND THAT I AM HEREBY RELEASING TREE HOUSE FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS, ACTIONS, LIABILITIES, LOSSES, DAMAGES, EXPENSES, SUITS, JUDGMENTS, ATTORNEY FEES, AND COSTS THAT I, MY FAMILY, MY HEIRS, OR ANY LEGAL GUARDIAN, ASSIGNEE, OR LEGAL REPRESENTATIVE OF ME MAY HAVE NOW OR IN THE FUTURE FOR ANY DEATH, INJURY, OR DAMAGE WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM, ARISING OUT OF, OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH MY PARTICIPATION IN THE ACTIVITIES OF TREE HOUSE OR MY PERFORMANCE OF SERVICES FOR TREE HOUSE.
8. I am fully aware that I am assuming any and all risks associated with Tree House activities. I am fully aware that many risks and dangers are involved in participating in the activities of Tree House and performing services for Tree House and I agree to accept the consequences of such risks, including but not limited to the risks of injury, death, and damage to personal property.
9. I understand that I am not an agent, employee, or contractor of Tree House. I will refer all visitors or persons seeking to conduct any business with Tree House to a Tree House staff member. I will not represent my personal views on any subject as indicative of the views or policies of Tree House.
10. I recognize that any and all information shared with me as part of my duties as a volunteer is confidential and shall not be divulged to unauthorized individuals, agencies, or organizations. I will not copy, transcribe, record, or memorize confidential information in any manner, nor disclose or use such information for any purpose other than for the limited purpose of providing the assigned services at Tree House.
11. I have read this Agreement and fully understand that I am relinquishing all claims now known or in the future against Tree House. If I am under 18 years of age at the time of submission, my parent or legal guardian has completely reviewed this Agreement, understands and consents to its terms, and authorizes my participation. If I am at least 18 years old at the time of submission, I am legally competent to sign this Agreement. I am signing this Agreement of my own free will without the influence of any Tree House staff member.
Finally, I understand and agree that submitting this application form does not automatically register me as a Tree House Humane Society volunteer, and that there may be certain qualifications I must meet, including the acceptance of established volunteer policies and procedures before I may begin volunteering.
By submitting this form, I attest that the information I have provided on the form is true and accurate.
This Agreement becomes effective immediately upon the electronic signature of Volunteer and will remain in effect unless terminated in a written document signed by both parties.
IF THIS IS A PAPER COPY, sign here:
FOR DIGITAL SUBMISSION, click "I Agree" and "Continue."