Please complete this application form if you are interested in becoming a Hospital Interpreter volunteer. Once you complete the form, click the "Continue" button at the bottom.
Job Description: Hospital Interpreters report to and are trained by the Hospital Department staff members. They serve as our education ambassadors through guest engagement and interpretation of the patients and patient care in our outside hospital.
Responsibilities: Hospital Interpreters are stationed with our sea turtle patients in the outdoor hospital; they are expected to communicate accurate information to the guests and lead informative discussions when hospital staff are performing in-tank treatments in view of the guests. All activities in proximity to patients or patient tanks should be mindfully performed in order to mitigate patient stress.
You may optionally provide the following information. It is used only to help us get a better idea of the demographic make-up of our volunteers.
NOTE: The password you enter below will be the password you use to access your volunteer account to view your schedule and hours in the future. Your email will be your username.
Morning Shift Times: 9:30am-1:30pm
Afternoon Shift Times: 1:00pm-5:00pm
*Volunteer shifts are scheduled on the same days and times weekly, i.e. Tuesday mornings, Thursday afternoons, etc.
Please note allowing consent to electronic newsletters and schedule reminders are essential to receiving updates on the status of your application following submission, and monthly reminders of scheduling each month if selected. We like to keep active volunteers informed of important news, schedules, call for help shifts, and volunteer opportunities by electronic newsletters as well. Please know these emails have critical information if you'd like to stay informed, however, we will not send you any email you prefer not to receive. Use the checkboxes below to select the kinds of email you would like to receive from us.
Please check this box. This will allow you to be notified about interviews, new volunteer orientations and when LMC is closed for the holidays. This is the only way to keep you informed.
*Please answer all questions in box below.*
1. Do you need community service hours? If so, how many hours do you need and what are they needed for? *Please note we no longer accept court-mandated community service applicants.
2. What attracted you to volunteering at Loggerhead Marinelife Center?
3. Do you have any previous volunteer experience?
4. Are you a seasonal volunteer? If so, what months are you in Florida?
1.Do you have any previous experience or training in Education, such as teaching (formal or informal), docent experience, or public speaking? (Please list if applicable)
2. Do you have any previous experience in the medical field? (Please list if applicable) If no, do you feel comfortable learning medical terminology and relaying that information correctly to the public?
3. Do you have strong communication skills and can follow direction within a team setting? yes/no
4. Can you stand for long periods of time in Florida's weather conditions including rain and high temperatures? yes/no
Why would you make an excellent candidate for this volunteer position?