Volunteers for this program:
1. Must be at least 18 years old.
2. Must complete the following application, and participate in an interview.
3. Must provide requested medical information for all personal pets that would be in contact with foster animals.
4. Must sign the foster agreement pertaining to the animal you are fostering.
5. Must provide in-home care for Burbank Animal Shelter animals assigned under foster program and return animals to the Burbank Animal Shelter.
6. Must keep appropriate weight, medication and/or behavioral records on the foster animal while in your care, and present a profile of the animal to the Burbank Animal Shelter upon return to the Shelter.
7. Must care for foster animals until they are 8 weeks of age and weigh at least 2 lbs.
8. Must be knowledgeable in handling and caring for young animals.
9. Must be willing to show the fostered animal to potential adopters.
This program is an opportunity for you to:
• Give love and affection to a kitten that is so young that yours will be the first safe human interaction for that kitten and will give a lasting foundation for human-animal interaction.
• Provide a safe environment for frightened or unsocialized kittens that have not learned humans can be trusted. You can help a kitten learn new behaviors and better ways to interact.
• Help the Burbank Animal Shelter save more animals by freeing up space in shelter facility.
Please note: The VBAS Kitten Foster Program is staffed entirely by volunteers. Services performed by individuals are voluntary and are without any implied promise of salary, compensation, employment or payment of any kind.