Animal Welfare League Volunteer Application Form
Please complete this application form if you are interested in becoming a Animal Welfare League of Trumbull County volunteer. Once you complete the form, click the Continue button at the bottom.
Name and address
OK to call me here
OK to call me here
OK to call me here
Please enter a password that:
Is between 8 and 30 characters long
Contains both letters and numbers.
Contains a combination of both uppercase and lower case letters.
You may optionally provide the following information. It is used only to help us get a better idea of the demographic make-up of our volunteers.
Date of birth:
Please indicate the days and times you are usually available to volunteer.
My availability is:
Ongoing, except between these dates
Only between these dates
I would like to serve up to:
We like to keep volunteers informed of important news, schedules, and volunteer opportunities by email, however will not send you any email you prefer not to receive. Use the checkboxes below to select the kinds of email you would like to receive from us.
What kinds of email would you like to receive?
Please list any allergies or health conditions you would like to inform us of for your safety.
OK to call here
OK to call here
OK to call here
Please indicate ways in which you would like to serve.
Canine Socializing [Animal Welfare League of Trumbull County\Volunteer Services]
Clerical Duties/Receptionist [Animal Welfare League of Trumbull County\Volunteer Services]
Court Order [Animal Welfare League of Trumbull County\Community Service]
Dog's Day Out [Animal Welfare League of Trumbull County\Volunteer Services]
Donation Processing [The Menagerie\Volunteer Services]
Event Attendant [Animal Welfare League of Trumbull County\Volunteer Services]
Feline Foster [Animal Welfare League of Trumbull County\Volunteer Services]
Feline Socializing [Animal Welfare League of Trumbull County\Volunteer Services]
Group Volunteering [Animal Welfare League of Trumbull County\Community Service]
Kent State University [Animal Welfare League of Trumbull County\Community Service]
Stocking Merchandise [The Menagerie\Volunteer Services]
Vet/Vet Tech Shadow [Animal Welfare League of Trumbull County\Volunteer Services]
WEP [Animal Welfare League of Trumbull County\Community Service]
How else would you be able to help?
Waiver of Liability
I hereby agree to accept a position in a voluntary capacity as a volunteer for the Animal Welfare League of Trumbull County (hereinafter referred to as AWL). I understand that the term voluntary means the way in which actions or services are rendered to AWL. Such actions or services are rendered to AWL with generous and charitable motives. No liability whatsoever will be incurred by AWL to anyone who performs voluntary actions or services. I understand that the term volunteer means a person who freely chooses and renders services to AWL in a voluntary capacity.
TERMS/CONDITIONS AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY
1. I fully understand that my services are provided strictly in a voluntary capacity.
2. I fully understand and agree that I am providing services to AWL as a volunteer and further understand that as volunteer I must adhere to the rules.
3. I fully understand and agree to provide my services to AWL as a volunteer in a voluntary capacity without any express or implied promise of salary, compensation, or payment of any kind whatsoever.
4. I fully understand and agree to provide my services to AWL as a volunteer in a voluntary capacity without any employment type benefits, including but not limited to employment insurance programs, worker’s compensation accrual in any form, vacations, or sick time.
5. I fully understand that AWL handles large numbers of animals on a daily basis. The dispositions of these animals are unknown to AWL. I agree to hold AWL harmless for any injury(s) that I might sustain from handling animals during the course of my volunteer duties at the League.
6. I fully understand and agree to assume all risks involved in any and all duties that I perform for AWL in my volunteer capacity. Such duties might include but are not limited to animal handling, custodial work, kennel staff assistance, and other foreseeable volunteer duties.
7. I agree to familiarize myself with the AWL’s policies and procedures. I will fully comply with both the letter and the spirit of these policies and procedures.
8. I fully understand that AWL expects high standards of moral and ethical treatment of all animals under its care. I agree to adhere strictly to these standards in my voluntary capacity at AWL.
9. I fully understand and agree that either for failure to comply with any and all of the obligations outlined in this volunteer application or for any reason whatsoever, while performing my volunteer services to AWL in a voluntary capacity, AWL, at its sole discretion, may immediately terminate my services.
10. I agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold the AWL harmless for any damage to my personal property while performing my volunteer services to AWL in a voluntary capacity.
11. I understand public relations are an important part of volunteering at AWL. I therefor agree on behalf of myself, my heirs, personal representatives, and executors to allow the AWL to use any photographs taken of me for use in public relations efforts. The AWL will use reasonable efforts to notify me but notification is not a condition of the photograph’s release for public relations purposes.
12. The undersigned has read and fully understands the contents of this Waiver of Liability and Agreement to Indemnify. This Waiver of Liability and Agreement to Indemnify shall continue in full force and effect until terminated in writing and in the event of such termination shall remain applicable to all matters occurring or first arising on or before the date of such termination regardless of such termination.
13. I recognize that in handling animals at AWL while performing my volunteer services in a voluntary capacity there exists a risk of injury including personal physical harm. On behalf of myself, my heirs, personal representatives, and executors, I hereby release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the AWL, its agents, its officers, directors, and employees jointly or individually from any and all claims, for bodily injury or property damage, causes of action or demands of any nature or cause connected with my Volunteer Agreement. This might include costs and attorney’s fees and court cost incurred by AWL in connection with my Volunteer services based on damages or injuries which may be incurred or sustained by me in any way. Such damages or injuries might include but are not limited to animal bites, accidents, injuries, and personal property damage.
VOLUNTEERS 14 & 15 YEARS OF AGE MUST HAVE THE PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN LISTED BELOW WITH THEM AT ALL TIMES!
I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I HAVE READ AND FULLY UNDERSTAND THE TERMS/CONDITIONS/WAIVER OF THE VOLUNTEER APPLICATION AND WILL COMPLY. ANIMAL WELFARE LEAGUE ACCEPTS NEW VOLUNTEERS BASED ON OUR CURRENT NEEDS. ANIMAL WELFARE LEAGUE ALSO HAS THE RIGHT TO ACCEPT OR DECLINE ANY PROSPECTIVE VOLUNTEERS FOR ANY REASON.