Please complete this application form if you are interested in becoming a Brandywine Valley SPCA volunteer at our Dover Campus. Once you complete the form, click the submit button at the bottom. Please make sure to set a reminder for your orientation date and time.
Junior volunteers (8-12 years of age) are always welcomed however we require that they are accompanied by an adult volunteer (18+), applicants 13+ can volunteer as adults once they have completed training. You must submit a form for everyone that will be coming to volunteer.
*NOTE* Our Volunteer Program does not count towards community service, please fill out the separate community service form under the Get Involved tab.
List special skills or experiences you have that may benefit the organizations mission.
Please tell us how you heard about BVSPCA and our volunteer program.
List some of your personal interests, this information will help us connect you to a department that aligns with your passions.
Please provide an emergency contact and phone number.
BVSPCA has invited the Volunteer to join the organization; and WHEREAS, BVSPCA will or may grant Volunteer access to Employer’s confidential and proprietary information, which may include, but is not limited to: customer lists, pricing lists, trade secrets, business forecasts and other proprietary information.
NOW THEREFORE, the Parties agree as follows:
1. CONFIDENTIALITY: Volunteer acknowledges that Employer shall or may, in reliance upon this Agreement, grant Volunteer access to Employer’s confidential and proprietary information. Volunteer agrees to not disclose to any other person (unless required by law) or use for personal gain any such confidential or proprietary information at any time during or after the termination of volunteer status, unless Employer grants express, written consent of such a disclosure. Any violation of confidentiality seriously injures Brandywine Valley SPCA, reputation and effectiveness. Therefore, do not discuss business with anyone who does not work for Brandywine Valley SPCA and never discuss business transactions with anyone who does not have a direct association with the transaction.
No one is permitted to remove or make copies of any of Brandywine Valley SPCA records, reports or documents without the prior consent of the management. Because of the seriousness, disclosure of confidential information could lead to dismissal.
2. CONTINUING OBLIGATIONS: Notwithstanding the termination of Volunteer for any reason, Sections 1 of this Agreement will continue in full force and effect following such termination.
3. BINDING EFFECT: The covenants and conditions contained in the Agreement shall apply to and bind the Parties and the heirs, legal representatives, successors and permitted assigns of the Parties.
4. WAIVER: The failure of either party to enforce any provisions of this Agreement shall not be deemed a waiver or limitation of that party's right to subsequently enforce and compel strict compliance with every provision of this Agreement.
5. SEVERABILITY: If any part or parts of this Agreement shall be held unenforceable for any reason, the remainder of this Agreement shall continue in full force and effect. If any provision of this Agreement is deemed invalid or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, and if limiting such provision would make the provision valid, then such provision shall be deemed to be construed as so limited.
6. ENTIRE AGREEMENT: This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the Parties and supersedes any prior understanding or representation of any kind preceding the date of this Agreement. There are no other promises, conditions, understandings or other agreements, whether oral or written, relating to the subject matter of this Agreement. This Agreement may be modified in writing and must be signed by both Volunteer and Employer.
7. GOVERNING LAW: This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Delaware.
The volunteer is to be legally bound, hereby agrees to serve as a volunteer to the Brandywine Valley SCPA and commit to the following:
1) To perform my duties to the best of my ability, without any monetary or other compensation for my service.
2) To adhere to Brandywine Valley SPCA confidentiality of agency and client information. In particular, I affirm that all information I learn about the people and animals the Brandywine Valley SPCA services (including name, address, work or other affiliation) is deemed to be strictly confidential. I shall disclose no confidential information about the Brandywine Valley SPCA clients and animals to any other individual or organization.
3) I understand that the behavior of animals is sometimes unpredictable and that some animals are capable of causing disease, serious personal injury, and even death, as well as extensive property damage. Knowing the risks of handling animals, I agree to assume those risks and to release, waive liability against, indemnify and hold harmless the Brandywine Valley SPCA, and its agents, officers, directors, and employees, for any and all demands, liability, fines, losses, damages, penalties, judgments, or expenses including attorney fees for any and all injury and/or damages, including property damages, arising from my volunteer work at the Brandywine Valley SPCA.
4) Refrain from engaging in any of these activities: Harassment, abusive language or actions, inaccurate information that is being publicized on social media, discourtesy or behavior to or about staff, animals, potential adopters or volunteers, theft, negligence or intentional destruction of BVSPCA property
5) I agree to immediately report to the Brandywine Valley SPCA’s professional staff if I am bitten or receive a scratch that draws blood or am otherwise injured in a manner or to a degree that requires medical attention.
6) I agree that if I am injured in any way while volunteering for the BVSPCA, I will notify a supervisor or staff person to get the appropriate first aid treatment, and complete an injury report form, as soon as possible.
7) I affirm that I will not get preferential treatment with regards to animal adoptions and cannot question euthanasia decisions.
8) My health insurance will be maintained. I will notify the Volunteer Coordinator if my license or insurance is revoked or is not renewed at expiration.
I understand and agree that the Brandywine Valley SPCA may terminate its use of me as a volunteer at any time for any or no reason.
The undersigned volunteer has read the above agreement, waiver, release, and indemnification form and signs it voluntarily knowing that he or she has given up substantial rights by signing it.
In the workplace, gossip is an activity that can drain, distract and downshift job satisfaction. We all have participated in this, yet most of us say we don’t like it.
In order to create a more professional workplace, Brandywine Valley SPCA is making a commitment to change our atmosphere to become a gossip free environment.
WHAT IS GOSSIP?
gos·sip n. Rumor or talk of a personal, sensational, or intimate nature. A person who habitually spreads intimate or private rumors or facts. Trivial, chatty talk or writing.
Gossip is something that you choose to do – and you can choose NOT to do it. You enter into gossip by choice – you can opt out of the activity. Ending gossip means to end a particular type of communication – and that can be talk or email communication.
• Gossip always involves a person who is not present.
• Unwelcome and negative gossip involve criticizing another person.
• Gossip is often about conjecture that can injure another person’s credibility or reputation.
In order to have a more professional, gossip-free workplace we will:
• Not speak or insinuate another person’s name when that person is not present unless it is to compliment or reference them regarding work matters.
• Refuse to participate when another mentions a person who is not present in a negative light. I will change the subject or tell them I have agreed not to talk about another.
• Choose not to respond to negative email or use email to pass on private or derogatory information about any person in the agency.
• While off the job, refrain from speaking to another volunteer about people at the Brandywine Valley SPCA in a derogatory light, including via social media sites. If I have negative feelings, I will select to talk to someone not at the workplace.
• If another person does something unethical, incorrect, against procedures, or disruptive I will use the proper channels to report this to the person in authority to take corrective action.
In checking the following box, I agree to the above contracts and confirm that the information submitted above is true, accurate and does not contain any intentional misrepresentations in regard to my personal situation, professional situation, viewpoints, etc.