Provide a welcoming smile, information and caring support to guests visiting Coborn Healing Center, a 100% philanthropy-funded connection place for survivorship services that truly enhance our patients' lives throughout their cancer journey. The Coborn Healing Center is adjacent to Coborn Cancer Center.|
Volunteering for Coborn Healing Center is a richly, rewarding experience. Serving the needs of those impacted by cancer including patients, their family and caregivers is both challenging and inspiring. Your role as a volunteer is to provide more than just your time and energy-it's also to offer support, courage, solace and joy to our patients (guests), their loved ones and our staff in your own unique way.
• Create a positive impression from beginning to end. You will be the first to meet our guests, so the first impression of our center depends on your friendliness and efficiency. |
• Welcome guests upon arrival and offer an encouraging farewell upon departure.
• Communicate with compassion, courtesy and respect.
• Act as the point of reference for guests who need assistance or information. Our guests look upon the concierge as a font of information. Become familiar with and share information about the classes, support groups, activities, events and services available at Coborn Healing Center.
• Actively listen and engage with others. Understand guest’s needs and provide them with personalized solutions by suggesting amenities, activities and services available at Coborn Healing Center.
• Direct guests to amenities, including Imagine (art studio), Energize (movement studio), cozy lounge area, Harvest kitchen, restrooms, and resource tablets.
• Checkout, receive, store and use designated apparatus to sanitize resource tablets.
• Serve (Offer) refreshments and engage guests in friendly conversation.
• Maintain Harvest kitchen. Prepare and display beverage and snack options such as coffee, water and freshly baked cookies for guests. Keep counters clean, replenish service ware and condiments as needed.
• Confirm appointment times, assist with kiosk check-in and announce scheduled guest arrivals to staff providing services exclusively available to our current Coborn Cancer Center patients:
o Integrative Therapy - acupuncture, acupressure, and Healing Touch
o Enhancement Program -one-on-one consultation with a licensed cosmetologist for individualized fitting of a wig, hat and accessories at no charge
•Guide guests between Coborn Cancer Center and Coborn Healing Center as needed.
• Ready rooms for upcoming events and replenish, maintain supplies between activities.
Volunteers use the computer to:
• Take payments for our self-pay acupuncture option at Coborn Healing Center
•View shared files of class/activity registrations
•View our daily schedule at Coborn Healing Center in Epic, the DAR.
• Control clutter by organizing, redistributing and putting away supplies; tidy up, sanitize and replenish materials such as art supplies, reading material and brochures.
• Arrange for guests to receive donated in-kind items such as hats, scarves, seatbelt covers and lap blankets as appropriate.
• Perform office duties such as assembling packets, exam room binders or treatment support bags when needed.
• Routinely review and contribute to the volunteer communication binder at Coborn Healing Center.
• Provide tours of Coborn Healing Center as appropriate.
• Offer to help and commit to resolving concerns.
• Relay guest feedback both positive and constructive to Alison at Coborn Cancer Center.
• Take pride in your role and if requested, help with training new volunteers.
• If time allows and needed, assist with delivering mail, organizing and sharing in-kind donations, maintaining the provider lounge.
• If needed, float and help in the Infusion Center or Pharmacy.
• Pleasant manner and excellent customer service skills
• Experience in customer service or relevant role is an advantage
• Understand people’s needs
• Proficiency in conversing verbally
• Polite and confident with a great deal of patience
• Ability in multitasking and time-management
• Aptitude in resolving concerns with a customer-focused orientation
• Being flexible and proactive, self-motivated
• Maintain confidentiality of any information about guests and operations
1900 CentraCare Circle|
St. Cloud, MN 56301
|Commitment:||4 Hours: Weekly|