Eckerd Living Center/Highlands Cashiers Hospital|
Tasks will vary depending on the Department that volunteers are assigned. If volunteers are uncertain of any duties, they need to contact the Volunteer Coordinator (526-1305) for clarification.
The following are examples of duties that our volunteers perform:
* Assist with organizing paperwork, supplies and materials
* Read to patients or help them write letters
* Assist patients with activities (i.e. bingo, art projects, puzzles)
* Deliver mail, newspapers, magazines and flowers/gifts to patients
* Deliver additional warm blankets and pillows to patients if requested
* Restock blankets into warmers as needed
* Bring patients extra water, ice, refreshments or snacks after receiving permission from the nurse
* Restock patient refreshment center as needed
* Guide hospital visitors or tour groups
* Staff waiting rooms and information areas
* Maintain neatness of waiting rooms and information areas-arrange newspapers, magazines etc.
* Listen and talk with patients, family and visitors
* Bring any issues to the attention of Registration or Front Desk employees
` Remove Labels from cassettes - clean cassettes and have them ready for reloading.
* Prepare coffee and maintain the coffee supplies in areas where made available
* Help family and visitors to patient areas
* Assist with directions for patients, family and visitors
* Assist with patient transport
* Assist patients and visitors in wheelchairs
* Gather wheelchairs
* Take paper and other items to recycling bins
75 Hickory Dr.
Highlands, NC 28741
(828) 526-1345 (Work)
(828) 526-6205 (Cell)