At OneWorld, all expectant and new mothers can attend prenatal appointments or classes, and when they attend, they receive “baby bucks” to spend on baby essentials from our Baby Boutique. Incentivizing self-efficacy increases the autonomy of the parents and improves health outcomes. Prenatal care decreases the likelihood of preterm births, birth defects and other harm to new mothers and babies.
OneWorld Baby Boutique volunteers:
1. Greet Boutique customers and help them navigate the store.
2. Provide assistance in a manner that is culturally sensitive and respectful.
3. Collect OneWorld Baby Bucks for store items from patients.
4. Stock items in Boutique, take general inventory at the end of the shift and inform Volunteer Coordinator if items are low or excessive.
5. Keep the Boutique and storage areas as clean, organized and displayed attractively.