Low Vision Lending Library
- Oversee the process of tracking optical and assistive technology devices.
- Receive returned devices and return to stock.
- Following up by phone calls with patients to check in about device use and discuss plans of device return as needed.
- Monitor the rental flow sheet including financial oversight, organizing all necessary paperwork (such as enrollment information, signed agreements)
- Complete patient satisfaction surveys by phone.
- Assist with maintaining inventory of optical and adaptive aids in the low vision clinic. Competencies:
- Must be able to understand and follow directions.
- Ability to work effectively with others, with and without direct supervision.
- Ability to communicate clearly verbally in person and over the phone.
- Ability to work with confidential information and maintain that confidentiality.
- Ability to use a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook and Excel programs).
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Previous experience in administrative work and customer service is desired.
- Responsible, dedicated, organized, positive and service-oriented individual.
- Must be able to communicate clearly in English with staff and clients.
- Ability to operate a computer.
- Ability to interpret and enter data in spreadsheets.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong telephone and customer service skills.
- Ability to take the initiative and be flexible in roles needed to provide assistance with assorted tasks.
- Must be able to pick up and carry devices up to 5 pounds.
- Maintain confidentiality of patient, staff and proprietary information.
- Adhere to policies and procedures specific to patient rights.
- Maintain a clean and safe environment; identifies and reports hazards
- Meet all requirements for mandatory education including annual TB Test and Flu compliance.
- Adhere to policies/procedures specific to universal precautions when delivering patient care.
- Adhere to policies regarding attendance, conduct, grooming, and dress code.
- Promote a positive image of the company to outside agencies and the public.
- Participate in performance improvement activities as needed.
- Exhibit excellent service to patients, resident, visitors, physicians, and co-workers.
- Show courtesy, compassion and respect for all customers.
- Promote the mission, vision and values of the organization.
- Comply with professional, regulatory, ethical and legal standards.
Center for Low Vision|
3901 University Blvd
Jacksonville, FL 32216
|Direct Patient Contact:||Yes|
|Volunteers serve up to:
|Skills and Interests:||