- Escorts patients, guest, clients, and residents to the private treatment rooms, acute care, or gym areas.
- Assists patients on/off exercise tables or equipment, or in/out of whirlpools. Provides general supervision/assistance with transfers, gait, and exercise. All the above are at the discretion of the therapist/assistant.
- Applies hot or cold packs under Therapist/Assistant direction.
- Monitors/reports response of patients to treatment and informs appropriate supervisor. Recognizes emergency procedures and reacts appropriately.
- Ensures that linens are changed on treatment tables, and that supplies and equipment are returned to the proper location in a timely manner.
- Identifies malfunctioning equipment and documents needed for repair/maintenance, notifying Supervisor as appropriate.
- Assists with maintaining clean, orderly, and safe work environment. Follows schedule of cleaning per department policy.
- Assists Administrative Secretary with department paperwork upon request. This is a secondary duty and should be done so as not to conflict with primary responsibilities.
- Perform other duties as may be required from management.
- Good interpersonal skills, good strength, endurance and mobility are also required.
- Must be able to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment.
- Current hands-on CPR/BLS Certification (recommended).
- Maintain confidentiality of patient, staff and proprietary information.
- Adhere to policies and procedures specific to patient rights.
- Maintain a clean and safe environment; identifies and reports hazards
- Meet all requirements for mandatory education including annual TB Test and Flu compliance.
- Adhere to policies/procedures specific to universal precautions when delivering patient care.
- Adhere to policies regarding attendance, conduct, grooming, and dress code.
- Promote a positive image of the company to outside agencies and the public.
- Participate in performance improvement activities as needed.
- Exhibit excellent service to patients, resident, visitors, physicians, and co-workers.
- Show courtesy, compassion and respect for all customers.
- Promote the mission, vision and values of the organization.
- Comply with professional, regulatory, ethical and legal standards.
190 South Park Blvd.|
St Augustine, FL 32086
|Direct Patient Contact:||Yes|