Canine Program (Dog walker)
The Dog Walker position at Ramona Humane is crucial to the health and well-being of our canine population. Dog walkers exercise, socialize, and offer enrichment in the form of walks, play, play groups, visiting, and training with the dogs. This position requires a moderate amount of physical ability and takes place in all weather conditions. This position|
is available after Volunteers successfully complete 10 hours of kennel Volunteer time within a two month period.
Dog walking takes place 7 days a week during normal open hours (usually 8am -5pm).
* Must be 18 years or older |
* Attend RHS orientation and educational seminars
• Follow Staff guidelines.
* Must complete 10 hours of kennel Volunteer time within a two month period.
• Prefer commitment to weekly shift of no less than 2 hrs per week, regardless of weather for minimum of 6 months.
• Ability to receive and send email
• Adherence to dress code
• Exercise and socialize dogs|
• Read and follow guidelines provided in dog walking notes for each dog
• Report any medical and or behavioral issues to RHS staff
• Record each dog walk on computer in dog walking notes
• Ability to work independently
• Attend ongoing classes
|Volunteers serve up to: