Volunteers on the Photo and Video Team create high quality, engaging |
pictures and videos, and written descriptions of adoptable animals.
These photos and videos are then posted on houstonhumane.org, increasing the chances of each animal getting adopted.
HOW CAN VOLUNTEERS HELP?
- Photographing the shelter animals: Volunteers take photographs
of the adoptable animals, write appealing descriptions of the pets, as well as handle the animals.
- Animal Videos: Volunteers take fun, creative videos of the
animals highlighting their individuality.
- Must provide your own camera (smart phone is okay)|
- Have an aptitude for working with animals and
a good sense of photographic quality.
- Creative individuals who have technical ability in writing,
photography, and/or videography.
- Volunteers should be detail oriented, who can give attention to
- Volunteers should have good animal handling skills.
- Patience and tolerance for distractions
- Individuals who thrive in a team environment and enjoy working
with others or by themselves at times.
- Be able to share photos with staff upon completion
Must bring a camera and take pictures of animals dictated by adoptions staff. We want our animals looking their best for adopters! Please schedule with the volunteer coordinator so another volunteer can be arranged to help with the photos. Refer to adoptions staff on how they want pictures.|
If volunteers take any cute pictures of animals, please send these to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
WHAT MAKES A GOOD PHOTO?
Photos of adoptable animals be used for HHS website, social media, and kennel cards.
- Make sure the photos are not blurry, the animal looks friendly and adoptable, and is outside or with a nice background.
- Pictures inside the kennel are not a desirable way to present our pets for adoption.
- Pet looking at camera, being playful and friendly
14700 Almeda rd|
Houston, TX 77035
|Volunteer Orientation Required:||Yes|
|Safe Dog Handling Class Required:||No|
|Foster Orientation Required:||No|