Volunteers provide transportation for older adults to medical and social service appointments.
·Must enjoy and respect older adults, and be willing to work at building a positive relationship with the older adult.
· Must recognize and respect the high level of personal responsibility involved in a volunteer/older adult relationship.
· Must be patient, understanding and committed to volunteering with an older adult.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality.
· Ability to communicate effectively, verbal and written.
· Must have acceptable driving record and adequate auto insurance and provide documentation of such.
· Must be physically able to perform duties required of the task. May include carrying packages, assisting rider with entry and exit of vehicles.
· Must pass specific background checks including fingerprinting and motor vehicle violation check.
· Transport older adults to medical and social service appointments. Requires use of personal vehicle.
· Ensure the safety of the client at all times.
· Complete and submit all documentation for each client as required.
· Document interaction with clients.
· Comply with established policies and procedures of SourcePoint.
TRAINING REQUIREMENT: SourcePoint Volunteer Orientation, Transportation training, and DRIVE/Passenger Assistance classes.
TIME REQUIREMENT: Variable, flexible hours, based upon need of the client and the availability of the volunteer.
In Home Care Volunteer Program Specialists