General Store Attendant
To offer the general store as a resource for residents to purchase stamps, toiletry items, gifts, cards and other sundry items.|
- Provide customer service in the suck shop during your scheduled shift
- Use the Morris computer system to sell items.
- Be friendly, enthusiastic when greeting customers
- Ensure the tuck shop door is locked when your shift ends.
A social place to spend time (you can read, knit etc. when it is quiet in the general store)|
- Gain experience in a retail environment
- Gain experience interacting with people in our community
- Share your positive attitude with others
- Make professional contacts for the future.
- Build resume skills for the future.
- Excellent verbal communication skills|
- Ability to learn the computer software used for transactions.
- Comfortable interacting with seniors
- Patient, kind and positive
- Independent worker after initial training
- Dependable, enthusiastic and patient
- Enjoy being part of a team and working effectively with others
-Rapid COVID Swab (completed every shift)
*Strongly encourage volunteers to be vaccinated for COVID-19 once eligible.
*Wear Full PPE (surgical mask and shield)