Group Meal Provider
Bailey's Shelter and Supportive Housing|
- Provide and serve a nutritious meal for 25-52 shelter guests
- A complete meal includes meat/protein, vegetables/salad, and starch
- Drinks and dessert are optional, but much appreciated!
- Meals are served at the following times at the shelter:
- Monday-Friday: 5:00 p.m. for dinner
- Saturday-Sunday: breakfast is ready to be served by 8:00 a.m., 12:00 p.m. for lunch, and 5:00 p.m. for dinner
- We recommend that meals are prepared offsite and transported to the shelter, but meals can be prepared in our full-service kitchen
- If a meal is prepared in advance offsite, please plan to arrive at least 30 minutes before mealtime. If you are preparing a meal onsite, please arrive at least 90 minutes before mealtime.
- At the end of the meal, the kitchen must be left clean: surfaces must be wiped down, all appliances must be off, all dishes, pots and pans, trays, utensils, etc. must be clean and ready-to-use by kitchen staff or other volunteers.
- Act as a representative of New Hope Housing while volunteering and in the community
- Sign in with staff at front desk upon arrival
- Keep supervisor informed of any changes in schedule or availability
- Maintain confidentiality
- Friendly, positive demeanor
- Ability to relate to clients and treat everyone with dignity and respect
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Experience preparing meals for large groups is helpful, but not required!
Requirements: A group representative must attend a volunteer orientation, provided virtually. Volunteers must also have signed Confidentiality, Liability, and Photo release forms on file with the Volunteer Coordinator. All volunteers must be 18 years or older. We ask that volunteer groups have no more than 8-10 volunteers in the kitchen at a time.
Dress Code: All volunteers must wear long pants and closed toed shoes. Flip flops/sandals, shorts, leggings, jeans with holes, and clothing with inappropriate sayings are not permitted in the shelter.
Location: 5914 Seminary Rd, Falls Church, VA 22041
Time Commitment: Priority is given to volunteers and groups that can commit to providing a meal once a month. Meals are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis for all other volunteers.
5914 Seminary Road|
Falls Church, VA 22041